Re: Euro draw

rncfc wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Turkey playing in Azerbaijan will be interesting, I don't think they get on.
Do turkey get on with anybody?
Northern Cyprus. Big, big mates with them. Alliances with Israel as well. I think they could be drawn against each other if Israel win the play offs.

pembsexile wrote:
rncfc wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Turkey playing in Azerbaijan will be interesting, I don't think they get on.
Do turkey get on with anybody?
Northern Cyprus. Big, big mates with them. Alliances with Israel as well. I think they could be drawn against each other if Israel win the play offs.
Haha!!!

Corpaboy wrote:I don't get the format at all ??
How come Italy get to play in Rome ???
Twelve host cities were chosen, rather than the normal one/two host countries. The corresponding countries then had the task of qualifying. Italy did, Azerbaijan didn't therefore Italy had three home games (in Rome). In group B, both Denmark and Russia qualified. There was then an extra draw which gave Denmark (Copenhagen) three home matches and Russia two home games in St Petersburg. The draw was a bit of a circus because a lot of it was drawing out a ball/country in order to place them in a predetermined group. There was no need to allocate a number to that team, as it could have been Pot1 becomes team 1 etc. Still, at least it didn't result in Wales playing the second game in Rome and having to return to Baku, that would have been a disaster for the fans. Think I'll give Baku a miss, although tickets will be cheaper and presumably more plentiful. No doubt the touts in Azerbaijan will have snaffled up thousands in the knowledge that their team wouldn't qualify.

excessbee wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:I don't get the format at all ??
How come Italy get to play in Rome ???
Twelve host cities were chosen, rather than the normal one/two host countries. The corresponding countries then had the task of qualifying. Italy did, Azerbaijan didn't therefore Italy had three home games (in Rome). In group B, both Denmark and Russia qualified. There was then an extra draw which gave Denmark (Copenhagen) three home matches and Russia two home games in St Petersburg. The draw was a bit of a circus because a lot of it was drawing out a ball/country in order to place them in a predetermined group. There was no need to allocate a number to that team, as it could have been Pot1 becomes team 1 etc. Still, at least it didn't result in Wales playing the second game in Rome and having to return to Baku, that would have been a disaster for the fans. Think I'll give Baku a miss, although tickets will be cheaper and presumably more plentiful. No doubt the touts in Azerbaijan will have snaffled up thousands in the knowledge that their team wouldn't qualify.
Clear as MUD !!
Championship finals such as this should have a host country ? Not spread out here there and everywhere !! Will cost fans from all countries an absolute FORTUNE , and also not very environmental considering the current climate .
Crazy if you ask me .....

This could all happen "post-Brexit" as well . World's gone MAD .