Re: Saturday & Sunday

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
mad norm wrote:After Fridays feast of one touch football we should aspire to the heights of F C Fylde at home.
This we would win with Jamille Matt backing into a defender falling over and winning a penalty after a skillful hoof .
Cue
Unsavoury comments :bounce:
Pork pie.
:grin:

Blackandamber wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:This Saturday and Sunday we'll either be hoping for another great 3rd round draw or pondering the fact that the season is probably over for the County.
So we're hoping rather than pondering, even if our display at M&T was rather ponderous.

So what are we hoping for? A fairly easy game to give us a chance to progress, or another giant? As for me I hoping for one of the giants we've never played i.e. Liverpool or Man U - home or away.
As we have got this far it's one of the big boys away - Liverpool, Man U preferably. Make loads of dosh, have a good day out and lose. Strengthen in the window and get back to winning ways in the league. We've already got 3 league games to reschedule - Cheltenham A, Grimsby A and Carlisle A. All most likely to be rearranged for a Tuesday night. And that's before we get any P-P due to the pitch and weather this winter.

faerun exile wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:This Saturday and Sunday we'll either be hoping for another great 3rd round draw or pondering the fact that the season is probably over for the County.
So we're hoping rather than pondering, even if our display at M&T was rather ponderous.

So what are we hoping for? A fairly easy game to give us a chance to progress, or another giant? As for me I hoping for one of the giants we've never played i.e. Liverpool or Man U - home or away.
As we have got this far it's one of the big boys away - Liverpool, Man U preferably. Make loads of dosh, have a good day out and lose. Strengthen in the window and get back to winning ways in the league. We've already got 3 league games to reschedule - Cheltenham A, Grimsby A and Carlisle A. All most likely to be rearranged for a Tuesday night. And that's before we get any P-P due to the pitch and weather this winter.
I'd like Liverpool or Man U too, but just 6 years ago I'd have been happy with playing any team that was in a higher division. It was amazing when we played Brighton and West Brom in the League Cup in 2013.