Re: Our support

UPTHEPORT wrote:Was up in Cwmbranistan this afternoon which is rare these days and couldn't get over how many County fans I saw ie County jackets hats etc didn't see one bin dippers badge which is always good

Just shows our support is on the up :cheers:
I've noticed that as well in Cwmbran. Hearing from my grandchildren that the County's regular sessions in the local primary schools seem popular with the kids also. Building for the future hopefully

Re: Our support

There's a big group of Cwmbran/Pontypool boys that are season ticket holders and go to most away games as well .

Jim . Don't forget that a lot of Newport residents also drive up to Cwmbran for shopping/banking etc cos the car parks are free .

What does make me smile , though , is the number of kids in and around the area wearing County shirts and merchandise .

We're definitely on the up when it comes to the Club's profile .
We're the only professional team in Newport with a half decent following lately .
Drag-ons are on a hiding to nothing when it comes to attendances , and NRFC are gonna fold soon (both not good situations for Newport as a whole I'd add)
I read a comment from Shane Williams somewhere earlier , saying that attendances for Regional Rugby are shocking , and he puts it down to more people attending football matches instead ?

Interesting ..........