Re: Ball number 60

North London Exile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:It won't be on telly
Well not on the sports channels; but I still remember our appearance on the early evening news when Peter Beadle got frog marched off against Swansea. And that was only the 1st Round I think. Still our reputation has massively improved since then.
Not our finest hour that...

No live tv coverage. From FA website:-

Six ties from the upcoming Emirates FA Cup third round have been selected for broadcast in the UK.

The first televised match will be on BT Sport 1 as Newcastle United travel to Rochdale or Boston United on Saturday 4 January 2020 with a 12.31pm kick-off time. The hosts are due to replay their drawn second-round tie on Monday 16 December.

The second game of Saturday 4 January – also on BT Sport 1 – is an all-Premier League tie, as Wolverhampton Wanderers host Manchester United, kicking off at 5.31pm.

There will be three televised ties on Sunday 5 January. The day starts with Middlesbrough against Tottenham Hotspur at 2.01pm and ends with West Ham United travelling to Gillingham at 6.16pm. Both games will be on BT Sport 1, with the Merseyside derby between Liverpool and Everton – which kicks off at 4.01pm and will be broadcast on BBC One – sandwiched between them.

Third-round weekend culminates on BBC One with Arsenal hosting Leeds United on Monday 6 January, with kick-off at 7.56pm.

Looks like the game will kick off at 12:31pm on Saturday

http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/fixtures

12:31 7 Rochdale AFC / Boston Utd VS Newcastle United Live on BT Sport 1
12:31 13 Bristol City VS Shrewsbury Town
12:31 23 Millwall VS Newport County AFC
12:31 25 Rotherham United VS Hull City
12:31 31 Burnley VS Peterborough United
12:31 32 Birmingham City VS Blackburn Rovers
15:01 3 Fulham VS Aston Villa
15:01 8 Cardiff City VS Forest Grn / Carlisle
15:01 9 Oxford United VS Exeter City / Hartlepool
15:01 11 Southampton VS Huddersfield Town
15:01 15 Brighton & Hove Albion VS Sheffield Wednesday
15:01 16 Bristol Rov / Plymouth VS Coventry C / Ipswich T
15:01 20 Reading VS Blackpool
15:01 21 Watford VS Tranmere Rovers

Thanks. Obviously last season, we were mainly focused on our match with Leicester, on the Sunday, and I for one paid little attention to the Saturday kick offs. 12:30 is a pain and may prevent some getting there. The coach will have to go even earlier than tomorrow's trip to Bradford!

Last season was the first of six seasons for which the overseas rights have already been sold. So presumably the £50k still applies.

Portsmouth refused a request for an overseas broadcast in an earlier round this season. I don't know how this deal works if clubs have the right to refuse.

Madhatter wrote:
exile1960 wrote:Played them in the cup in the early 70's
Me and my brother went to the old den think we lost 1 0
3rd round January 1973. I was there also.
Yes I was there in 1973 also and left at half time fearing for my safety not a pleasant ground to visit the old den did manage to last the 90 minutes in 1983 and god knows why I will be there on the 4th of January as I have yet to visit the new den.