Tom King

I must state this is only a rumour at present, but I was wondering if anyone else had heard the same thing - that Tom King has had a falling out with Flynny and the club and that is the reason he is not playing at present. One person went as far as to say he will never play for the club again!!!?
I've noticed someone has put it on the County Chat Facebook group as well.

Re: Tom King

George Street-Bridge wrote:King has effectively lost his place for getting called up by Wales,with the Euros looming. Very unfair and Townsend playing well is irrelevant to that..
Just plain daft.
Every player waits to seize his chance and its up to Tom to do that now.
MOM Saturday would not have started if labs was fit.
Likewise Nurse if Robbie was fit.
Last edited by Frank Nouble 3 on December 16th, 2019, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i have no idea whether they’ve fallen out, but if I was King I’d be mightily pissed off.

He was ever present before earning an international call up, and Brighton game aside, he’s not had a sniff since.

Not having a dig at Townsend, he hasn’t done much wrong but them again what did King do wrong ??? Flynn obviously didn’t fancy him in front of King before the call up.

Very strange and like I said I’d be pissed off.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:i have no idea whether they’ve fallen out, but if I was King I’d be mightily pissed off.

He was ever present before earning an international call up, and Brighton game aside, he’s not had a sniff since.

Not having a dig at Townsend, he hasn’t done much wrong but them again what did King do wrong ??? Flynn obviously didn’t fancy him in front of King before the call up.

To be fair he did drop a few clangers whilst in the team.
Mansfield just 1 example.
Think Townsend is a better shot stopper albeit King better at distribution.
Spin a coin for me.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:i have no idea whether they’ve fallen out, but if I was King I’d be mightily pissed off.

But why would you turn round and drop Townsend hes done nothing wrong since being given the chance

He also saved a penalty against Mansfield .... I do think he was at fault for the Exeter goal but can’t think of much else (& that’s in nearly 20 games)... it might be just me but I don’t feel that the defence is as comfortable with Townsend as they were with King.

I agree that is a horses for courses kind of thing.

UPTHEPORT wrote:

But why would you turn round and drop Townsend hes done nothing wrong since being given the chance
What wrong did King do ?? Townsend never got a sniff previously.

Sorry it’s professional sport .... if King was no 1 prior to his call up why should that change.

Just my opinion.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

What wrong did King do ?? Townsend never got a sniff previously.

Sorry it’s professional sport .... if King was no 1 prior to his call up why should that change.

Just my opinion.
Because Townsend took his chance and has made it hard for Flynny to drop him

We don’t agree.

Football management choices are supposed to be hard .... previously he made the hard decision to pick King in front of Townsend for every Lge game. King has done zero wrong imo.

We haven’t won any Lge games with Townsend in the sticks .... now that may seem harsh, but it’s a fact !

Justanordinaryfan wrote:We don’t agree.

Football management choices are supposed to be hard .... previously he made the hard decision to pick King in front of Townsend for every Lge game. King has done zero wrong imo.

We haven’t won any Lge games with Townsend in the sticks .... now that may seem harsh, but it’s a fact !
Yes but are any of those defeats down to Townsend keeping I would say no