Re: Marsh-Brown

Percy plunkett wrote:Incredible that a player has been happy to not play and just pick up wages for this long.Flynny made him aware that he wasn't part of his plans in August so why wait until now.
Once he hadn't left before the transfer window closed, then he was always going to stay until at least the next window as he wouldn't be allowed to play for a national league side or higher until January. Grimsby and Stevenage mentioned as possible destination.

Percy plunkett wrote:Incredible that a player has been happy to not play and just pick up wages for this long.Flynny made him aware that he wasn't part of his plans in August so why wait until now.A footballer has a short career so why waste it.Probably paying him 3 of the 6 months upfront to tempt him to go.
Percy take a step back. Your employer decides they no longer want you. You are prepared to work for them however.

Now because you have done nothing wrong you feel somewhat upset by this, especially so because your employer publicizes to all your colleagues that you are surplus to requirements.

Now you have two choices. One to carry on taking your wages. Two to refuse to take your wages.

So what would you do?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Incredible that a player has been happy to not play and just pick up wages for this long.Flynny made him aware that he wasn't part of his plans in August so why wait until now.A footballer has a short career so why waste it.Probably paying him 3 of the 6 months upfront to tempt him to go.
Percy take a step back. Your employer decides they no longer want you. You are prepared to work for them however.

Now because you have done nothing wrong you feel somewhat upset by this, especially so because your employer publicizes to all your colleagues that you are surplus to requirements.

Now you have two choices. One to carry on taking your wages. Two to refuse to take your wages.

So what would you do?
That's a bit harsh Brendan. It's not the whole picture. You seem to have made it absolute (one or t'other) when it isn't. There is a third option. Get a grip on reality, understand that you are 'surplus to requirements' and go quietly. He could have done this months ago. This would have been the 'decent' option surely.

I can't pass judgement on him as I can never remember seeing him play. Surely he could have got real earlier in the season.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

So what would you do?
Neither,if I was any good I would get work for someone else that wanted me.I wouldn't hang around feeling sorry for myself causing ill feeling,I take my skills where they are appreciated.

CasuallyCounty wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Probably because he was earning more money here than he was offered, if indeed he was offered anything, elsewhere?
He had a contract so why move unless it suited him? He was still getting in his International side so no need to go anywhere unless it benefited him... looks like he has a team lined up to sign for. Good luck to him.
Seems very popular with the players, although if the rumours are true, I don’t think he will be on OB’s Christmas card list.
lol you heard the same as me then. same reason that Tom King is out in the cold
Fill us in then. We love a good rumour on this place.

Ugo. wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Incredible that a player has been happy to not play and just pick up wages for this long.Flynny made him aware that he wasn't part of his plans in August so why wait until now.
Once he hadn't left before the transfer window closed, then he was always going to stay until at least the next window as he wouldn't be allowed to play for a national league side or higher until January. Grimsby and Stevenage mentioned as possible destination.
If I was KMB,I would have gone out on loan as Flynny offered.Even if the loan club couldn't match what County were paying me,County would make up the difference so I am not out of pocket.Also,my chosen profession is playing football,that's what I want to do not sit in the stand or sit in the house on Matchdays.

Exile 1976 wrote:Probably because he was earning more money here than he was offered, if indeed he was offered anything, elsewhere?
He had a contract so why move unless it suited him? He was still getting in his International side so no need to go anywhere unless it benefited him... looks like he has a team lined up to sign for. Good luck to him.
Seems very popular with the players, although if the rumours are true, I don’t think he will be on OB’s Christmas card list.
Oh please tell, I love a good rumour, PM me m8

pembsexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

So what would you do?
That's a bit harsh Brendan. It's not the whole picture. You seem to have made it absolute (one or t'other) when it isn't. There is a third option. Get a grip on reality, understand that you are 'surplus to requirements' and go quietly. He could have done this months ago. This would have been the 'decent' option surely.

I can't pass judgement on him as I can never remember seeing him play. Surely he could have got real earlier in the season.
Hi Mike,

It's his job. Why should he 'do the decent thing'?

Imagine going home to your wife 30 years ago when your family were kids. Hello Angel, my boss just publicly called me out and I decided he was right. I could have stayed but I decided to do the decent thing and walk away. Anyway if we cancel our holiday, dine on beans on toast and forgo getting the kids any presents at Christmas, we should be able to manage.

Darling, what you doing with that there hammer? Aaaaagggghhhhhaaaaa.

Merry Christmas.

Brendan

Got to agree 100% with Stan here.
What sane person would walk away from a job with no money forthcoming.
Answer nobody
Now if Flynny had said you are not welcome but here's the full balance of your contract which you have in no way broken.
Want you out of here.

Okey Dokee by by.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

So what would you do?

Hi Mike,

Imagine going home to your wife 30 years ago when your family were kids. Hello Angel, my boss just publicly called me out and I decided he was right. I could have stayed but I decided to do the decent thing and walk away. Anyway if we cancel our holiday, dine on beans on toast and forgo getting the kids any presents at Christmas, we should be able to manage.

Merry Christmas.

Brendan

I agree. Also you have to take into account where the offer was, he probably didn’t want to be moving home for a few months only to go again..,

I also agree with Stan, Frank et Al. But, if I've got this right, if KMB had gone out on loan somewhere a few weeks ago that would've meant he'd played for 2 teams already this season, this making it impossible to find another club in the Jan transfer window.

By doing things the way he has, although admittedly he hasn't had much match action, he's stayed fit, played a few internationals, gets a month for his agent to punt his name round to clubs, and still picked up his due wages. If MF/County were willing to offer him a long-ish deal as they did they have to stand by their mistake*, and pay him in full.

* and by mistake I mean, perhaps, not managing him properly, not researching his background fully before signing him, not playing a style of football which would've suited KMB's undoubted occasional talent, and later implying that he was to blame for not moving on.

I like KMB when he's in form, and do think he would've done better than several first-teamers over the last 7-8 games. I expect he'll end up at Yeovil or Torquay on a deal until the summer, meanwhile to replace him we'll probably offer some player a 2 1/2 yr deal and not play them regularly.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

So what would you do?

Hi Mike,

Merry Christmas.

Brendan
Hi Brendan, Happy Christmas to you as well.

The situation you present is not exactly the same though is it? He is in the sports business, looking to ply his trade somewhere, anywhere, whilst I am not. The point I am trying to make is that it is not an absolutist position. No one would expect a contracted person to walk away form a pay cheque that is all above board.

The situation he finds himself in has been allowed to develop. If he had realised that he was not wanted, surely in the sports business, it is not too much to ask that he looks to find himself another club. He even has the luxury of an agent to help him do it, whilst people in ‘normal’ jobs don’t.

Most situations don’t become absolute in a short space of time. They have been allowed to develop as this one has. It could have been so much easier and cleaner for all concerned if he had done the decent thing sooner.

In summary, I see it like this:
My criticism is toward him and his agent whilst yours appears to be towards the club for not managing it correctly. That is just my opinion from where I see it, I may be wrong though.

Enjoy the rest of the festive season :grin: