Re: Signings

pembsexile wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:Using such a large proportion of players from a single agency does set alarm bells ringing especially as the pool of players they have is very small and questions need to be asked but boycotting games will only cripple the club and imo not the way forward
Yep, totally agree with this. If fans everywhere boycotted their clubs because of 'iffy' agents, the game would probably collapse. However, in my opinion, the role of agents needs better and stricter regulation.

Unfortunately, rogue or shyster agents are ruining the game. Yes, yes, there are probably very good agents around who do a great service. However, their actions are spoiled by the minority who inevitably get the headlines. They put absolutely nothing into the game and take everything out.

I don't know what the answer is, better people than me have tried and we still get the same old problems.
Two points.

There are no good agents. They take money out of the game and add nothing to it. I agree they are here to stay but let's not kid ourselves that they add to the football experience.

Secondly, I can't justify spending money when I don't know where it's going. I don't suggest boycotting games, I suggest getting rid of a board of directors who in my view couldn't run a bath.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:There is a big difference between previous discussions on Elite Management.
We have now got access to the full list of players on their books.
I was amazed to see Flynny as the only manager signed up and more amazed to see so many players involved with the County on such, in football terms a limited mediocre agency.
The star player listed as Tranmeres striker.
Regarding Padraig the fella is a legend but regardless of goals scored is not half the player of last season when it would of been unthinkable to take him off after only 45 minutes.
He is clearly slowing down and like Matty, Scott and himself they are now visibly off the pace.
Is it possible that Flynny may have signed with them while he was still a player?....
Certainly possible but have no idea how long this Agency has been in business.
As the only manager regardless on their books currently, maybe it would of made sense to move on to a more higher profile agency.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:There is a big difference between previous discussions on Elite Management.
We have now got access to the full list of players on their books.
I was amazed to see Flynny as the only manager signed up and more amazed to see so many players involved with the County on such, in football terms a limited mediocre agency.
The star player listed as Tranmeres striker.
Regarding Padraig the fella is a legend but regardless of goals scored is not half the player of last season when it would of been unthinkable to take him off after only 45 minutes.
He is clearly slowing down and like Matty, Scott and himself they are now visibly off the pace.
Is it possible that Flynny may have signed with them while he was still a player?....
Certainly possible but have no idea how long this Agency has been in business.
As the only manager regardless on their books currently, maybe it would of made sense to move on to a more higher profile agency.

Justin Edinburgh was a client of Elite Management. They have been quite heavily involved with our club for a few years.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:Using such a large proportion of players from a single agency does set alarm bells ringing especially as the pool of players they have is very small and questions need to be asked but boycotting games will only cripple the club and imo not the way forward
Yep, totally agree with this. If fans everywhere boycotted their clubs because of 'iffy' agents, the game would probably collapse. However, in my opinion, the role of agents needs better and stricter regulation.

Unfortunately, rogue or shyster agents are ruining the game. Yes, yes, there are probably very good agents around who do a great service. However, their actions are spoiled by the minority who inevitably get the headlines. They put absolutely nothing into the game and take everything out.

I don't know what the answer is, better people than me have tried and we still get the same old problems.
Two points.

There are no good agents. They take money out of the game and add nothing to it. I agree they are here to stay but let's not kid ourselves that they add to the football experience.

Secondly, I can't justify spending money when I don't know where it's going. I don't suggest boycotting games, I suggest getting rid of a board of directors who in my view couldn't run a bath.
Afternoon Brendan,
I agree that agents take money out of the game. However, on the balance of probabilities, there are obviously better agents than others. I will leave it to others to decide if that makes them ‘good’. I have made my views clear on what I think of agents in the past.

With regards to knowing where your money goes, hmmm. We all have the right to not support something if we disagree, but it does open a can of worms if we all go that way.

In the wider context, don’t shop at such and such store if you disagree with their actions/views but personally, I have no emotional connection to most retail outlets so I feel no need to air my opinion. However, I would suggest that everyone on this mb has an emotional connection to the club. To take financial action against it would be counter productive in my opinion. You have every right to withdraw financial support for the County, but it is just not for me. Things are definitely wrong, but the club (on the pitch) needs all the support it can get at the moment.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
allontheamber wrote:The serious question is who is getting the backhanders. Only somebody who is totally naive would imagine it not happening somewhere in these circumstances.
I must be one of the naive ones. I don't think for one minute that there are 'backhanders' in the proper sense of the word flying around. They would be caught out in the long term. Besides, this is Newpôrt County, we are above all that. :grin: (joke before anyone mentions it)

What I suspect is happening is that pressure has been put on people saying 'If you want player A, then you eventually have to take player B as well'. I am not sure if that is legitimate business (it probably is), but it leaves a bad smell lingering around. Ethics and decency have to come into it somewhere.
Morning Mike,

I agree but there is a further problem. When does a 'useful relationship' become corrupt? Flynn is a client of Elite Management. Flynn gives an extended contract to Amond. Amond is a client of Elite Management,

Now of course Amond has been a successful player at Newport County but he is 30, his performance level is not what it was, he has a two year contract and we don't know for how much. And we don't know how much Elite Management are receiving. And before anyone says the figures received by Agents from clubs are known I have to point out that this is not the case if the player is used as a conduit.

Do I blame Amond? Of course not, he is merely doing the best he can for himself. As are Flynn and Elite Management's Paul Nicholls, However I do blame Foxhall, Johnson and Ward. They are directors of Newport County and sanction this regime.

And if pointing out these unpleasant facts makes me disliked by Exile1976 and his mates, so be it.

And there we have it in a nutshell in your last sentence when you say “blah blah blah and his mates” ..... make no bones about me ole China I’m no ones mate on here ..... you say people are aggressive personal and childish on here but no one does it more on here than you ..... you put people off posting on here more than others and that’s a fact .... I asked you a couple of sensible questions and you get all higher than mighty .... you can’t seem to be able to answer questions without trying to claim the higher ground - you may have done very well for yourself in life and I for one congratulate you, but on here you are the same us, lower than a snakes belly, and for all your hot air, when it comes to the crunch, and I quote Connor when I say “you do **** all” just complete hot air.

For all your concerns and moans I thought you’d at least attend one session with all the names you seem to despise present to vent your anger .... in fact I’d probably respect you more !!

There seems to be two separate points of view.

On the one hand are those who are concerned that the manager of our football club who should only be interested in signing the best players he can get is a client of an agency who supply an inordinately large number of County players.

And those who wish to insult those who are concerned. I suppose as with many of these debates they hope the moderators will remove the topic.

But the issue is there and it is not going to go away.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:There seems to be two separate points of view.

On the one hand are those who are concerned that the manager of our football club who should only be interested in signing the best players he can get is a client of an agency who supply an inordinately large number of County players.

And those who wish to insult those who are concerned. I suppose as with many of these debates they hope the moderators will remove the topic.

But the issue is there and it is not going to go away.

The issue has already been there for a few years.
Nobody is hoping this topic goes away, I imagine, much like myself and you, that the vast majority of our fans feel things aren't right with Elite seemingly having so much influence at the club.
However, my point, which is yet to be answered, is to why all of a sudden you have taken this stance when their involvement in the club has been well known, and ongoing for a number of years.