Re: Today's Ref

Quite frankly I think every referee I've seen at RP this season has been far to lenient in not punishing pushing and shirt pulling at aerial challenges, from both sides. I think this has partly been to the detriment of Matt's effectiveness this season.
Whilst accepting I don't watch a lot of Premier league football, but do sometimes catch a few snippets of MOTD, and its seems to me these aerial challenges are more rigorously reffed at that level.
Would be interested if others see it that way?

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Shit out big time.
2 straight reds for starters.
Just laughed at the boys when they complained at the time wasting.
Well funny enough today I spoke to the match delegate and assessor the delegate who was a FIFA ref I know through the football community for which I served for many years and both said he had a excellent game

Now as someone who watches the game with one sided glasses who ever your name is today
One sided glasses? I wasn't at the game so can't comment on the ref, however, looking at the majority of the comments on here you seem to have been outvoted Jim.

Not sure what has happened now that when someone offers an alternate view to yours you come back with a dig. You never used to do that. Whatever happened?

rncfc wrote:It's only when Harps posts as far as I can tell. Probably the constant bleating and offensive tone he uses when talking to others. Just because he used to be a moderator, doesn't make him immune to getting wound up.
That's totally out of order especially coming from you.
Jim needs to remove that chip for sure.
Some of your comments in the past have been downright disgusting.
eg Semen on shoe comment (wonderful).
Fact is on this occasion Up the Port is very much in the minority.
Not just myself but he was a bottler and let Orient get away with fouls and time wasting.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:What seman on shoe comment
fncfc knows exactly which comment amongst so many to Stan.
So many out of the gutter, unfortunately and got away with it.
You are making out I made disgusting comments

Please show me where I said a comment on seaman on a shoe

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Quite frankly I think every referee I've seen at RP this season has been far to lenient in not punishing pushing and shirt pulling at aerial challenges, from both sides. I think this has partly been to the detriment of Matt's effectiveness this season.
Whilst accepting I don't watch a lot of Premier league football, but do sometimes catch a few snippets of MOTD, and its seems to me these aerial challenges are more rigorously reffed at that level.
Would be interested if others see it that way?
There are more cameras in the Premier league, players know they can't get away with it. In League 2 fewer cameras equals more rough stuff.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:What seman on shoe comment
fncfc knows exactly which comment amongst so many to Stan.
So many out of the gutter, unfortunately and got away with it.
You are making out I made disgusting comments

Please show me where I said a comment on seaman on a shoe
Take a step back and a deep breath.
This dialogue does not relate in any way to you.
You seem to have a problem with myself so be it.
The comment is a reply to fncfc who also appears to have a chip on his shoulder.
Just a suggestion a New Year starts in a couple of days.
Whatever annoys you about my posts put it into the bin and lets start afresh.

Cheers

It's rather disconcerting that UTP states the assessor thought he performed well. If that was considered a good perfomance, then it doesn't bode well for the future. The ref totally missed the game plan executed by Orient and it would have been so simple to deal with. I can only assume he saw it as an acceptable part of the modern game. My hope is that the assessor is simply following instructions and, when asked, is obliged to say "he performed well". He can hardly say to a fan "he was poor".

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
rncfc wrote:It's only when Harps posts as far as I can tell. Probably the constant bleating and offensive tone he uses when talking to others. Just because he used to be a moderator, doesn't make him immune to getting wound up.
That's totally out of order especially coming from you.
Jim needs to remove that chip for sure.
Some of your comments in the past have been downright disgusting.
eg Semen on shoe comment (wonderful).
Fact is on this occasion Up the Port is very much in the minority.
Not just myself but he was a bottler and let Orient get away with fouls and time wasting.
Last edited by UPTHEPORT on December 30th, 2019, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.