Re: Goal of the decade

llanwern exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Get your nominations in by Saturday 3pm

I'm going for Sandell v Hereford Home what a shot
Me too.

I think it's still up on YouTube. If it is then it should be compulsory to view the goal before voting. That way anyone who votes any other way can be seen as someone who knows nothing about football.

Second only to a goal we scored about 40 years ago in a 4-0 win over Sheffield United.

Here it is at 10.50, gets my vote too.
Definitely gets my vote as well. Also on that video look at 1min 05 secs to see the best ever certain goal saving tackle by a goal post. Jefferson Louis at his very best

Snowman wrote:Big Franks first goal v Chesterfield

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUjhW6w6pSA
What a great watch those highlights are.
If only we could play like that more often
Since we got back in the league nobody has scored 3 superb goals in separate matches for us apart from Big Frank.
On his day the fella was magic.

Apart from the hattrick all superb finishes have a look at Accrington 24/4/18 pure magic and for me the best coolest goal at RP versus
Cambridge 4 days later. Nobody on our books could do that.
Magical.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Since we got back in the league nobody has scored 3 superb goals in separate matches for us apart from Big Frank.

Apart from the hattrick all superb finishes have a look at Accrington 24/4/18 pure magic and for me the best coolest goal at RP versus
Magical.

Problem was he didn’t have many ‘magic’ days for us though.

Nobody? Not even Amond? Behave yourself.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Magical.

Problem was he didn’t have many ‘magic’ days for us though.

Nobody? Not even Amond? Behave yourself.
Quite agree with Frank.

Marmite but on his day brilliant.

Seriously don't think Padraig could have scored like those 3 I mention.
Superb player great goal against Middlesboro but those 3 for me are magic.
Padraig quality finisher in the box for sure but Frank on those few occasions was superb.

Goddard & woods wrote:Sandell against Hereford for me is the best goal I have seen in the last decade only one that I can remember better than that was Howard Goddard in a 1-0 win over Swansea in front of the Cromwell end, seem to remember a Darren Jones goal a few seasons back being a belter cant remember who against though.
I believe Jones’ goal was in a 3-1 win against York City in 2014. A spectacular volley worthy of consideration.

Jolley’s goal against Wrexham at Wembley. I can’t say I’ve often felt like I did at that moment during this decade. I was close to tears of joy. The other time was when OB volleyed home against Notts County. I was close to tears of relief. I didn’t cry either time though - I just want to, ahem, be clear about that.

Jon Parkin? Away at Luton and home against ? when he scored from the touchline ...and a couple of others.

Simply for how I felt when it happened, Amond v Spurs gets my vote.

daftasfxxx wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Has to be OB’s v Notts Co. or Azza’s goal to kill off Wrecsam in the Final
Jolleys goal better m8 but for the sheer exuberance of it my votes for O'Brien v Notts County

Went with Azzas goal as I still felt Wrecsam were going to equalise...when Azza’s goal went in there was no coming back and my emotions just exploded