Re: Transfer Window News/Gossip

Percy plunkett wrote:
jammer08 wrote:Poleon hasn’t had a proper chance yet IMO. I think we should start him Saturday. He has some experience playing against sides in higher divisions so why not?
Because the two cup games where he started,he looked average at best.It seemed a panic signing on the transfer deadline and it has proved to be.Last January,another panic buy in Azeez only this time incredibly a two and a half year deal.Not sure what Flynny was thinking there and not sure when he will be fit but,I do know he won't score many,if at all,and is also deadwood.
I agree , the fans of their respective clubs were incredulous that anybody would want them and were laughing loudly up their sleeves when we did . We sign quantity , not quality - and on longish contracts. We are in a mess unless a lot more players hit some sort of form.

Amberexile wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Ncfc1995 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
Ncfc1995 wrote:Brandon Cooper at Rodney Parade today watching Newport County. Could he be heading there on loan potentially?

Seen this retweed on twitter he a cb no league appearance just 1 Cup game
Surely,it's not CB's we need,how about a couple of midfielders.
I agree mate 2 midfielders ship out 2 strikers and replace them with goal scorers we already have 5 defenders
Hopefully someone can correct me if I wrong, but will we only have Innis and Bennett available as CB's for Sat, and no recognised right back?
Whilst accepting the need for extra midfielders, that is of course based on the assumption that we are able to attract and afford players who are able to improve the midfield.
As for shipping out 2 strikers for goal scorers, as far as I'm aware only Abrahams is a loanee and maybe a return can be agreed with Norwich, but aren't Matt, Amond, Poleon and Azzej (apologies if I've spelt his name wrong) all under contract, and would need to agree to move on? As for obtaining goal scorers I'm sure that will be easier said than done. Afterall there will be fierce competition for any such players during this transfer window.
Having said this, lets hope some new players can be acquired to improve the squad.
Post match at Exeter Flynn said “And Mark O’Brien was out due to the concussion protocol, so he won’t be available until the Millwall game and neither will Kyle Howkins."

so both could be back in the squad for Saturday.
Wasn't aware of that. Hope you are right.

On Radio Wales this morning the Swansea manager said that Brandon Cooper was still very much part of his plans and due to injuries he could/ probably would be called on soon as he rates him as a good player and is on the same level as two other youngsters Swansea are using at present so I would be surprised if they let him join us ??

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Simple.

Both hopeless.

Two and a half years for Azeez was scandalous.
Completely agree that Azeez is hopeless, haven’t seen enough of Poleon to decide. Pretty sure Azeez signed on an 18 month deal last January, so his contract is up at the end of this season. Still cannot believe we paid a fee for him!!!

County Exile wrote:From twitter:-
Gregor MacGregor
@GeeMacGee
· 27m
Saikou Janneh has returned to #BristolCity after his Torquay United loan ended (was suspended after a red card for a few games) but the Robins are currently tying up a league loan for him. #TUFC
Apparently we tried to sign him in the summer
Scored for fun in Conference South but failed to score at the higher level once Torquay got promoted

Is he or Cooper ( Swansea loanee talked about ) the type of players we need ? IMO.......... NO

We need 1 or 2 experienced heads in midfield and maybe a play maker...If we got the right type of players in we wouldnt need the play maker as Sheehan could do that role
As much as I wasnt sure when he was on trial with us I believe Foley could have done a job for us this season because we at times have zero creativity with Sheehan , Bennett and Labadie as a midfield trio.

We are not going up and we are not going down.
Our squad at present is lower middle league 2 quality.
I can't see any point in significantly strengthening the squad for the rest of the season especially on what would be a costly signing like Ledley.
The last thing we need is blowing our money on panic buys just to keep Flynny in a job.
My suggestion would be to keep MF in post for the rest of the season, evaluate his performance at the end and then either/or replace the management/players where necessary.