Re: Wilfried Bony

Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
njbh86 wrote:I'm all for optimism, but you lads are dreaming if you think Bony would for a moment entertain the notion of signing with us. Given what he's made salary-wise throughout his career, what we could offer him is probably of negligible difference to him compared to just not playing.

If I end up being wrong, great, I'd be delighted to be so. But I think we should be happy that he's been around the club and hopefully teaching Tristan and the others a few things.
Spot on.

Its totally ridiculous.

Being serious now his agent could get him a gig in China and earn a fortune.

Cheers
Why hasn't his agent done this?

Perhaps a contract until January could put him back in the 'shop window'? It would then leave him free again to gain a signing on fee in January. It would be up to him to show that he still can do the business though!
Probably doesn't need the money anyway.
On a light hearted note knowing people who have gone their on business etc you really would need an extra strong stomach.
He is not coming to the County, its not quite so daft as Henry a few years back though.

Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
njbh86 wrote:I'm all for optimism, but you lads are dreaming if you think Bony would for a moment entertain the notion of signing with us. Given what he's made salary-wise throughout his career, what we could offer him is probably of negligible difference to him compared to just not playing.

If I end up being wrong, great, I'd be delighted to be so. But I think we should be happy that he's been around the club and hopefully teaching Tristan and the others a few things.
Spot on.

Its totally ridiculous.

Being serious now his agent could get him a gig in China and earn a fortune.

Cheers
Why hasn't his agent done this?

Perhaps a contract until January could put him back in the 'shop window'? It would then leave him free again to gain a signing on fee in January. It would be up to him to show that he still can do the business though!
He doesn't need it. And doing x in L2 isn't gonna get him the moves he would ideally want. We just need to live in the real world for a minute. Our current highest earning player is on about 1500/wk (per Stuart James' article that bigdaddio linked to). No chance in hell Bony would sign up for that.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
JonD wrote:The forum being quiet shouldn't be your cue to type rubbish. Why don't you do more of your "historical County figures" stuff? That was interesting.
JonD come on please take a chill pill.

A bit of light heartedness does nobody any harm, or maybe it does by your response. :cheers:

Hope to do Len Hill later.

Smile it wont hurt mate. :lol:
Compare this to his response to Phil's thread about the Jamma Quiz. What a hypocrite. :roll:

SJG99 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
JonD wrote:The forum being quiet shouldn't be your cue to type rubbish. Why don't you do more of your "historical County figures" stuff? That was interesting.
JonD come on please take a chill pill.

A bit of light heartedness does nobody any harm, or maybe it does by your response. :cheers:

Hope to do Len Hill later.

Smile it wont hurt mate. :lol:
Compare this to his response to Phil's thread about the Jamma Quiz. What a hypocrite. :roll:
Read all the threads before you mouth off on your weekly visit. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
If you did you will note I apologised to Phil.
Again I think if you again read all the threads I had a nice response from JonD also.
Very sad by the way Jamma has been way off form all season but don't let that spoil your tirade.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Reading the Argus it appears playing for the County would not look good on his CV.
Can’t really argue with that, to be fair. If he’s getting offers from bigger clubs, and he gives the impression he’s League two level, teams might think twice. Would have been amazing to see him in a County shirt though

JonD wrote:My biggest take from the latest article is that Bony has been having a word with our strikers.

What the hell must he be telling them?
Presumably that he’s soooo much better than them. I hope he’s paying to use our facilities as he’s so good he’s far too important as a world footballer to play in the efl. The queue to sign him must be all the way down the Southern Distributor Road by now.
If he’s not paying his way, incidentally, I’d tell the freeloader to sling his hook.

lowandhard wrote:
JonD wrote:My biggest take from the latest article is that Bony has been having a word with our strikers.

What the hell must he be telling them?
Presumably that he’s soooo much better than them. I hope he’s paying to use our facilities as he’s so good he’s far too important as a world footballer to play in the efl. The queue to sign him must be all the way down the Southern Distributor Road by now.
If he’s not paying his way, incidentally, I’d tell the freeloader to sling his hook.
Ditto