EFL Trophy

Whilst watching Scunthorpe United game on Ifollow Tim Thraves said the closer we get to Wembley the more the crowd will grow in this competition, my question is do you think this is right, if Newport County ever make the final of this competition would it be our worst attendance at Wembely stadium to date?

Re: EFL Trophy

The answer is surely the obvious one, yes. It is the least prestigious competition in which we are entered. There is no excitement about going there for the first time. There will be few, if any, who haven't been at least twice. Of course interest is growing, but very very slowly. I'm now 'interested' and would make a trip to Wembley should it happen.

An observation on this topic. I notice the final is on Sunday 5th April. This must mean a postponement of fixtures for teams scheduled to play on Sat 4th, with not many weeks to reschedule before the end of season.

excessbee wrote:The answer is surely the obvious one, yes. It is the least prestigious competition in which we are entered. There is no excitement about going there for the first time. There will be few, if any, who haven't been at least twice. Of course interest is growing, but very very slowly. I'm now 'interested' and would make a trip to Wembley should it happen.

An observation on this topic. I notice the final is on Sunday 5th April. This must mean a postponement of fixtures for teams scheduled to play on Sat 4th, with not many weeks to reschedule before the end of season.
Have to agree.

I flew over for the Tottenham game and the playoff final. To be truthful if we made the final I am not sure I'd even watch it on the box.

If the club make money from this competition then I am pleased. But as for the competition itself, I have no interest whatsoever.

One thing you are pretty well guaranteed is a nice flowing game.
Have enjoyed every game seen over last few years even the 4-5 collapse.
Certainly would go as would Mrs Nouble and a few mates.
Long way to go to get there yet but I do hope we get a decent crowd for Leicester and hopefully open the Hazel as well.

Amberexile wrote:Last season's trophy final attracted a crowd of 85,021, our playoff final 25,217, league one playoff final 76,155, championship playoff final 85,826, EFL cup final 81,775, FA cup final 85,854, FA trophy final 42,962.

Helps that Portsmouth and Sunderland were the two finalists in the twobobcup

neilcork68 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Last season's trophy final attracted a crowd of 85,021, our playoff final 25,217, league one playoff final 76,155, championship playoff final 85,826, EFL cup final 81,775, FA cup final 85,854, FA trophy final 42,962.

Helps that Portsmouth and Sunderland were the two finalists in the twobobcup
With a combined average home league attendance of 50,255. It seems few of those decided not to bother.

No ticket information on our website yet but according to Leicester's tickets will be £10 for adults and £7 for under 16s
Leicester City Development Squad’s Leasing.com Trophy Quarter-Final tie against Newport County will be played on Tuesday 21 January (7pm kick-off).
- Leicester City's Development Squad will play Newport County in the last eight of the Leasing.com Trophy
- The clash will take place at Rodney Parade on Tuesday 21 January (7pm kick-off)
- Goals from George Hirst and Admiral Muskwe helped City defeat Tranmere Rovers at Prenton Park in Round 3

City’s youngsters set up a clash against the Exiles at Rodney Parade after beating Tranmere Rovers 2-1 in Round 3 last week, with George Hirst and Admiral Muskwe finding the net.

The Welsh side were 3-0 winners over MK Dons in the previous round to reach this stage of the competition.

Tickets
Supporters can pay (cash only) on the day at the away end.

Adult: £10
U16: £7
U6: Free