Re: Grandstand Scunthorpe

pembsexile wrote:Football is a funny old game but you just never know............if we can win our two games in hand and string a few wins together we may, just may be able to get back in the mix. Probably too late now though.
We’ve got THREE games in hand over Swindon at the top ?

Just saying .....

Corpaboy wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Football is a funny old game but you just never know............if we can win our two games in hand and string a few wins together we may, just may be able to get back in the mix. Probably too late now though.

Just saying .....
Think they are 20 points ahead of us though and 19 goal better average.

Corpaboy wrote:

Just saying .....
Yeh, they are way out in front. I was referring to ‘the mix’, i.e. the playoffs. Apart from FGR who have played 27, most of the other 8 teams above us vying for the play offs have played either 25/26 games. We have played 24. Two of the play off places may already be out of reach as Crewe and Plymouth have only played 25. It’s a long shot, but.........

I've been increasingly concerned over last couple of months with some of the abject performances and the slide down the table. Hopefully a corner has been turned and it was a relief to see the result yesterday. Loved watching the goals but what has really encouraged me was the response to the goals from the players. Much talk of losing dressing room etc but it didn't look like it to me as they celebrated the goals. Loved the passion.

chepstowamber wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:Not sure whether I've missed it mentioned, but how many County fans made the trip to Scunthorpe?
It looked about. 75-100 of us.
Chris
Chris
Would be good if you or anybody there gets the chance, to let those not there how the game went.
Seen the goals and the Red card but that's all

Cheers

Abrahams reacted brilliantly and was geeing the fans up all second half.

Hopefully Saturday will prove to be a good gelling game because there's a lot of new players in the squad who haven't experienced the great escape /catch up feeling where the fans and players just feed off the positivity around the place.

I stopped off in Mansfield on the way home because I just didn't fancy the drive home when I decided to travel, but said to my daughter that I was buzzing that much that I could easily of driven straight home.

As I've said before John Relish (legend) once said to me it's a great club Andrew but you don't realise that if you're only passing through.

If this match proved nothing else, it was that this division is all about effort. None first half and could have been 3 down, worked their guts out second half and Scunthorpe barely got a touch as we blitzed their goal repeatedly. If we could get back to doing that for the whole game we'll be up there again soon enough.