SWINDON attendance, higher or lower?.....

So has a corner been turned? Will the Swindon fixture attract a good gate?

Currently, the average number of County fans at home EFL games stands at 3686, but will the Swindon game attract more than the average, higher or lower than 3686?
The last two seasons, Swindon have brought 704 & 949.....with them being top, and it being a Saturday 3pm KO, will they break the 1,000 mark?
I'll go for 4194 County + 1009 Swindon = 5203 total.
If the weather's fine it could be a good turnout.

Any thoughts?.....

Re: SWINDON attendance, higher or lower?.....

newgroundrodney wrote:So has a corner been turned? Will the Swindon fixture attract a good gate?

Currently, the average number of County fans at home EFL games stands at 3686, but will the Swindon game attract more than the average, higher or lower than 3686?
The last two seasons, Swindon have brought 704 & 949.....with them being top, and it being a Saturday 3pm KO, will they break the 1,000 mark?
I'll go for 4194 County + 1009 Swindon = 5203 total.
If the weather's fine it could be a good turnout.

Any thoughts?.....
Would love to see the 5,000 mark being broken, but I take a more negative view, despite our attendance's being higher than I anticipated during our recent slump.
I'm guessing 3695 County + 1005 Swindon = 4700 total

Plymouth I think sold out the away end back in August with 1,039 so would expect Swindon to do likewise. If we can maintain 3,695 home fans that's a good effort in my view. 4,600 ish in total.

Can't make it myself, taking our kid to Arsenal v Sheff U. £36 per ticket (upper level, behind goals), which isn't too bad, albeit Sheff U is a low category C match. Same seat v Spurs (Cat A) would be £90 !

Coxy wrote:
Dos wrote:With the way the pitch is looking already, rain forecast all week and rugby Friday night I’ll be amazed if the match is on.

If is, I’d be disappointed with anything less than 5K
Agree with Dos...Think it'll be off.
Not quite so pessimistic. Drainage has undoubtedly been improved and if the forecast is correct the rain will stop Fri and be dry throughout Sat. Sure the pitch will be looking very bare in patches, however after the rugby Fri.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Against the current high-flying team of inbreds from Swinetown, I feel a good result would be: match postponed, game to be played on a cold Tuesday night in March'. Gives the new players a chance to bed in.
I understand your reasoning, but wouldn't that mean us falling further behind with our fixtures compared to others and we would have to be playing twice a week for most of the rest of the season, bearing in mind we are still involved in the EFL trophy ?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Against the current high-flying team of inbreds from Swinetown, I feel a good result would be: match postponed, game to be played on a cold Tuesday night in March'. Gives the new players a chance to bed in.
I understand your reasoning, but wouldn't that mean us falling further behind with our fixtures compared to others and we would have to be playing twice a week for most of the rest of the season, bearing in mind we are still involved in the EFL trophy ?
Yes, I know. However, watching County over the last few years has been like 'feast or famine', e g. we either go on a bad run or a good run, not much in between. I feel (just a hunch) that in a few weeks time we'll go on another good run playing 3 games a week with higher confidence, plus our pitch is a great leveller so get some more rain in it and we can beat anyone.