Re: Swindon tickets

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:I presume this is to try and reduce the likelihood of Swindon supporters buying tickets in the home sections?
Undoubtedly.

F@cks up things for a lot of home supporters. Can tickets be bought online? If they can total waste of time. County have known there was to be a home fixture v Swindon since the final whistle went against Tranmere. Plod and County finally realise this 72 hours before kick-off.

I despair.

excessbee wrote:
mad norm wrote:So any long distance traveller having pre booked a train ticket,e.g.to arrive after mid-day is f@@ked.
Have you tried phoning the ticket office (or shop) and organising a credit card sale to be put aside for collection on Saturday?
Don't worry he's not going

excessbee wrote:
mad norm wrote:So any long distance traveller having pre booked a train ticket,e.g.to arrive after mid-day is f@@ked.
Have you tried phoning the ticket office (or shop) and organising a credit card sale to be put aside for collection on Saturday?
I bought mine today over the 'phone with a debit card without a glitch (even before the police advice was given, Clwb Spytty members were told to buy ahead of the day) . Online sales are also available and work very efficiently in my experience. There's no excuse for anyone who wants to get to the game not to go.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
excessbee wrote:
I bought mine today over the 'phone with a debit card without a glitch (even before the police advice was given, Clwb Spytty members were told to buy ahead of the day) . Online sales are also available and work very efficiently in my experience. There's no excuse for anyone who wants to get to the game not to go.
Two points.

If anyone who really wants a ticket can get one, would that not include Swindon supporters? Secondly there are many people who choose to go at the last moment, other plans cancel, they just fancy a game, or so on. They will be disadvantaged while in the unlikely but not impossible scenario of the local morons fancying a punch up with their Swindon counterparts will have no problems getting a ticket.

This type of problem is exactly why forward planning is needed. And in this case eight months notice wasn't enough. Perhaps plod moreto blame, but this shouldn't have come as a surprise.

Firstly someone who never attends a match (mad norm) suggests that will cause a problem. Then Stan suggests this will stop someone who decides he'd like to go at the last moment. There are many events, and matches that making a last minute decision to go won't get you in. This is one of them. Hey ho, let's look for problems
Last edited by The Cat on January 15th, 2020, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brendan - as you say, the main problem here comes from the police imposing ("advice" my arse) an additional restriction. I'm not sure I agree with you that it was entirely foreseeable, as if Sw*ndon were in the bottom third of the table I doubt demand for away tickets would outstrip supply. Nevertheless, the restriction has been imposed.

But I stand by the fact that anyone who wants to go can do so without having to physically go to Newport before the day of the game. And yes, that probably does include a few Sw*ndon fans - but frankly, if they sit near me in the Hazells Stand and behave themselves, I doubt anyone will notice.

Pre book a train ticket but not a match ticket? You know you can buy tickets on line or over the phone? ...
Norm, as usual, you’re talking bollox & let's face it, you wouldn’t be one of those coming anyway :roll: