Re: Ledley

Ptesumably the management team have had the opportunity to asses his fitness levels, and whether or not he is still up to it. However, perhaps their recent signings/ judgements e.g. Crofts are cause for concern? If he is anywhere near what he once was, then obviously he would be an asset. How desperate is he to get some game time? and for how much? Although with only 3 months of the season left, would it be that expensive a gamble?

If he wasnt an ex welsh international people wouldnt want him near the club. Looked like his legs had gone 2 years ago. rather invest the money into ready made league two players not injury prone who can make an impact and possibly even join the club for next season.

thefail wrote:Amazed at the lack of enthusiasm for this one. A problem position for us for years, we get a player who had played at international tournaments and is hot that old, who plays in this position, and we're apathetic about it?

Crazy.
So, fill us in on the details of his terms.

Bush wrote:If he wasnt an ex welsh international people wouldnt want him near the club. Looked like his legs had gone 2 years ago. rather invest the money into ready made league two players not injury prone who can make an impact and possibly even join the club for next season.
Suspect if he wasn't living locally he wouldn't be considering us either. As for your alternative, maybe such a player who wants to come to us isn't available?
Last edited by OLDCROMWELLIAN on January 22nd, 2020, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

excessbee wrote:
thefail wrote:Amazed at the lack of enthusiasm for this one. A problem position for us for years, we get a player who had played at international tournaments and is hot that old, who plays in this position, and we're apathetic about it?

Crazy.
So, fill us in on the details of his terms.
....and there’s the rub! Will he want far too much? We’ve done all this before and haven’t exactly had value for money, have we?

UPTHEPORT wrote:He's only 32 mind ffs
Yes. My thoughts, too. He should have at least 4 years left in him, injuries permitting. Enough to lead a double promotion (he said, optimistically).

I think an 18-month deal (and he'd likely be top earner, so the proviso is that he can be accommodated within budget) with a break option for the club at the end of this season if it's not working out. There'd probably have to be some symmetry with a break option, though.

NearlyDead wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:He's only 32 mind ffs
Yes. My thoughts, too. He should have at least 4 years left in him, injuries permitting. Enough to lead a double promotion (he said, optimistically).

I think an 18-month deal (and he'd likely be top earner, so the proviso is that he can be accommodated within budget) with a break option for the club at the end of this season if it's not working out. There'd probably have to be some symmetry with a break option, though.

I imagine he’d only be looking for a deal until the end of the season in the hope of impressing and getting a bigger & better move for next season.