Re: Grandstand - Leyton Orient at Brisbane Road

I thought Orient played well and MF's, assessment is pretty accurate.

For most of the second half I thought we're going to nick this or get a point.

I thought the ref could've done more to protect Matt and Abrahams particularly and was inept throughout, that's not an excuse but I thought he was poor. He missed a nail on penalty and was the only one in the ground who thought it was a corner for the first goal though analysis may prove he was right.

Outstanding saves from King and Matt absolutely battered them for 90 minutes.

Most days we draw yesterday now onto Macclesfield which will be difficult especially after their win against moneybags FGR.

The team was set up to continue with 3CB's as against Swindon.Not sure how near ko Inniss was unfit but,like for like seemed the obvious choice.Is there any reason why Howkins wasn't starting.Willmott gets a start and changes the balance to 442,he hasn't played for months but still plays 90 minutes.Why does Flynny always take a genuine RB off and put Robbie there,he did it with Macnamara and now with Baker.Would Baker have blocked the second goal,who knows but,Robbie stays on out of position and must have been tiring because of lack of match action.

Percy plunkett wrote:The team was set up to continue with 3CB's as against Swindon.Not sure how near ko Inniss was unfit but,like for like seemed the obvious choice.Is there any reason why Howkins wasn't starting.Willmott gets a start and changes the balance to 442,he hasn't played for months but still plays 90 minutes.Why does Flynny always take a genuine RB off and put Robbie there,he did it with Macnamara and now with Baker.Would Baker have blocked the second goal,who knows but,Robbie stays on out of position and must have been tiring because of lack of match action.
I don’t think Howkins was originally on bench so fitness may be an issue - shame Tuesday was called off. If Innis had broken down after kick off and on basis Howkins was not on bench I assume Bennett would have dropped back we would have bought on a midfield player / Podge and kept 3-5-2 which may been better - not sure we have the players for 4-4-2.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
lowandhard wrote:Really disappointed with that result and was about to criticise changing a winning team until I read that the changes were enforced. That meant we went to a back 4 ( I think we’re better as a 5 especially away ), could have played Howkins to continue with a 5 and somebody else in MF ( could have been Jefferies if he hadn’t gone out on loan ). Chances of playoffs receding rapidly imho.
How does Jeffries get into the would he a replace a centre back or advanced midfield player don’t think so.
First time I saw Dom was against West Ham Unders playing as attacking midfielder.
Was my MOM, caught the eye throughout the game.
Quite, no point sometimes on here ! And as for him mentioning cb , no I wouldn’t expect Jeffries to replace Innis obviously.

County ranger wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:The team was set up to continue with 3CB's as against Swindon.Not sure how near ko Inniss was unfit but,like for like seemed the obvious choice.Is there any reason why Howkins wasn't starting.Willmott gets a start and changes the balance to 442,he hasn't played for months but still plays 90 minutes.Why does Flynny always take a genuine RB off and put Robbie there,he did it with Macnamara and now with Baker.Would Baker have blocked the second goal,who knows but,Robbie stays on out of position and must have been tiring because of lack of match action.
I don’t think Howkins was originally on bench so fitness may be an issue - shame Tuesday was called off. If Innis had broken down after kick off and on basis Howkins was not on bench I assume Bennett would have dropped back we would have bought on a midfield player / Podge and kept 3-5-2 which may been better - not sure we have the players for 4-4-2.
Totally agree with that, we have problems when we go back four, we should have minimised the disruption to the formation.

lowandhard wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
lowandhard wrote:Really disappointed with that result and was about to criticise changing a winning team until I read that the changes were enforced. That meant we went to a back 4 ( I think we’re better as a 5 especially away ), could have played Howkins to continue with a 5 and somebody else in MF ( could have been Jefferies if he hadn’t gone out on loan ). Chances of playoffs receding rapidly imho.
How does Jeffries get into the would he a replace a centre back or advanced midfield player don’t think so.
First time I saw Dom was against West Ham Unders playing as attacking midfielder.
Quite, no point sometimes on here ! And as for him mentioning cb , no I wouldn’t expect Jeffries to replace Innis obviously.
His value is going up every time he doesn't play for us (and it must have been one hell of a performance that he put in against West Ham boys - did Flynny see it do you think?).

Fourthousand wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
His value is going up every time he doesn't play for us (and it must have been one hell of a performance that he put in against West Ham boys - did Flynny see it do you think?).
Clearly you were not there.
Them boys probably drive around in Baby Bentleys.
To answer the question guess so as he was conducting the team.
We went downhill when he put a few seniors on to bolster things.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:

That wasn’t the case at all Frank. It went downhill after Dolan was subbed off for Ioan Evans when we were 4-1 up as Dolan was controlling the midfield first half.
The only experienced player to come on was Inniss who came on after an hour with the score 4-3 then they scored 2 in the last 7/8 minutes.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:

That wasn’t the case at all Frank. It went downhill after Dolan was subbed off for Ioan Evans when we were 4-1 up as Dolan was controlling the midfield first half.
The only experienced player to come on was Inniss who came on after an hour with the score 4-3 then they scored 2 in the last 7/8 minutes.
Took off Collins for Inniss
Least said about Inniss that evening.
Couldn't blame the youngster Evans, did okay no more.