Re: Fans attacking a house

And Man U fans also chanting death threats at recent match. They could be heard during radio commentary. That's also bang out of order. Surely that's worse than racial abuse at players but nothing done. Mind you the County fans who chanted let him die at the injured Macclesfield player last night should think twice too. Even if it was considered just a bit of banter.

Blackandamber wrote:And Man U fans also chanting death threats at recent match. They could be heard during radio commentary. That's also bang out of order. Surely that's worse than racial abuse at players but nothing done. Mind you the County fans who chanted let him die at the injured Macclesfield player last night should think twice too. Even if it was considered just a bit of banter.
That was clearly just banter. The same chant has been used for decades. Equating that with attacking someone's home is a bit precious in my opinion.
Anyone remember the messageboard user on here who offered £1000 for Graham Westley's home address?

It's a difficult one. I have a great sense of humour, with you it's just banter, he is abusive.

You only need to look at this board. I have seen posts defending County fans losing it because 'that guy waving a sheep would have wound anyone up' but Reading need to apologize for finding 'England's a shit-hole' offensive.

And whilst I think some people want to be offended, I also think some people are genuinely offended by things by which many of us are not. But are their feelings any the less important than those of us who are more robust?

And I really don't know the answer.

I don’t know the ins and outs at Manchester United but I can’t help feeling sorry for Woodward. Here’s a fella that has appointed Van Gal , Jose , Moyes ( after pressure from Fergie) Ole , ( after Rio declared Man united are back and demanded he sign his own contract). He’s backed them all with well over £500m in 7 years and yet he’s solely to blame.

Ten days ago , Gary Neville publicly called for him to be sacked,whether this contributed to the attack we don’t know, but I guess it didn’t help.

UPTHEPORT wrote:The answer is you don't attack someone's house I thought would be the answer I have no problem with fans verbally having a go a the ground such as sack the board
Hi Jim,

Which is fine. And I'm sure we all agree about attacking a house. But where the line is between banter and abuse is far less easy to define. And who amongst us has the moral authority to make that call?

Is he gave me a black look racist? Is Powder Puff Percy homophobic? Whatever view you take there will be those who disagree. Whose view is more valid?

UPTHEPORT wrote:All I'm saying is to attack someone's house is out of order

Call for someone to be sacked no problem with that but we all have to understand your dealing with a human being

I personally couldn't stand a couple of our former managers and told one to **** off
I agree. I think that there are two problems. Firstly we are conning ourselves into becoming less resilient. I once got called a great useless bucket of solidified monkey vomit. It made me laugh. I also think that many people choose to be offended. Although my mother who I am pretty certain loved me called me gormless on a daily basis, there are those on here who would have you believe that it is the worst insult imaginable. And I'm certain that view is simply agenda.

But it does beg two questions. Firstly where is the line drawn? And secondly who gets to draw the line?

I remember a young lad coming on here calling for Justin to be sacked he put up a sensible argument but I'm glad we stuck with je

A few days later a couple of County fans I know cornered me at a game and said what's this the message board is calling for Justin head :shock: :roll:

I said have you read the forum no was the reply

It was one young lad that's all :grin:

newgroundrodney wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:And Man U fans also chanting death threats at recent match. They could be heard during radio commentary. That's also bang out of order. Surely that's worse than racial abuse at players but nothing done. Mind you the County fans who chanted let him die at the injured Macclesfield player last night should think twice too. Even if it was considered just a bit of banter.
That was clearly just banter. The same chant has been used for decades. Equating that with attacking someone's home is a bit precious in my opinion.
Anyone remember the messageboard user on here who offered £1000 for Graham Westley's home address?
No I'm not equating that with attacking someone's home. Apologies if that's how it came across. However making serious death threats which the Man U fans appeared to be doing is totally unacceptable. I know the chants at last night's match were simply banter but personally I think they're unnecessary. I prefer you fat b etc. Mind you it could be that my views are coloured by the sudden death of a good friend last week.

Blackandamber wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
No I'm not equating that with attacking someone's home. Apologies if that's how it came across. However making serious death threats which the Man U fans appeared to be doing is totally unacceptable. I know the chants at last night's match were simply banter but personally I think they're unnecessary. I prefer you fat b etc. Mind you it could be that my views are coloured by the sudden death of a good friend last week.
Condolences on your loss.

However for people who suffer from being obese, that which doesn't trouble you might trouble them.