Re: Barry Town

Exile 1976 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Just signed David Cotterill ... fair play that’s a good one for them, still only 32.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... ction.html

Yeah I know all about that but I’m on about the football side of things.
He suffered from mental illness and alcoholism so hopefully he’s turned his life around.
Fair enough but its not good reading Exile.
No idea what Barry pay but will never make a dent in the debts owed to colleagues.

I was part of a similar scandal in Newport in recent years and lost my pension funds of £50,000 in a total loss for all investors of £7.2 million. It was investigated by the FSA and he was declared bankrupt —-but all of his 11 or 12 houses in Newport/ Cardiff has a second mortgage and the banks take priority over investors . The FSA also told us all to go to the Police . After investigation the Gwent Police refused to prosecute. No solicitors in Newport were keen to take on my case ?...,
Very strange!!
Some police officers and solicitors had invested in the scheme and probably did not want to be named as idiots —- I openly admit I was an idiot.
A person from Barry who ran a similar scheme with less than a £1 million involved is serving jail time , yet £7 million does not warrant Gwent police investigation .
Perhaps Stan could recommend a former South Wales colleague who would be willing to take up my case ... I still have a little money to fund this .—— or any other options open to me .
I hope the footballers caught in this scheme get a fair hearing —— most police forces in the UK rate this crime as good for jail time —-except Gwent Police .

Pirates wrote:I was part of a similar scandal in Newport in recent years and lost my pension funds of £50,000 in a total loss for all investors of £7.2 million. It was investigated by the FSA and he was declared bankrupt —-but all of his 11 or 12 houses in Newport/ Cardiff has a second mortgage and the banks take priority over investors . The FSA also told us all to go to the Police . After investigation the Gwent Police refused to prosecute. No solicitors in Newport were keen to take on my case ?...,
Very strange!!
Some police officers and solicitors had invested in the scheme and probably did not want to be named as idiots —- I openly admit I was an idiot.
A person from Barry who ran a similar scheme with less than a £1 million involved is serving jail time , yet £7 million does not warrant Gwent police investigation .
Perhaps Stan could recommend a former South Wales colleague who would be willing to take up my case ... I still have a little money to fund this .—— or any other options open to me .
I hope the footballers caught in this scheme get a fair hearing —— most police forces in the UK rate this crime as good for jail time —-except Gwent Police .
Hi,

Firstly I don't know anyone who can help you. Sorry about that but it's not my area.

Secondly, all I can tell you is that confidence tricksters tend to get away with it. And you are right about the reason, most people would prefer to take a hit rather than admit to being an idiot.

Very little consolation I know but you are at least wiser now. Your best bet is probably to let it go and move on. Good luck.

Pirates wrote:I was part of a similar scandal in Newport in recent years and lost my pension funds of £50,000 in a total loss for all investors of £7.2 million. It was investigated by the FSA and he was declared bankrupt —-but all of his 11 or 12 houses in Newport/ Cardiff has a second mortgage and the banks take priority over investors . The FSA also told us all to go to the Police . After investigation the Gwent Police refused to prosecute. No solicitors in Newport were keen to take on my case ?...,
Very strange!!
Sorry to hear about this mate

Are you in a Trade Union because they have legal teams who tend to take on cases that others won't because the union is paying them

Sounds to me like the funny handshake nonsense to me as well mind just going on what you say