Brentford

Are moving to a new ground in the near future......lucky gits

I wonder if anyone from the club has enquired if they are selling the old seats from Griffin Park.
Renew the concrete base at the away end of RP and put those seats on it would look a lot better than the Temporary stands we currently have.Then cover it with a tarpaulin roof like Crawley have.......I feel really sorry for away fans who visit our ground if it is peeing down with rain and they are made to sit out in the rain getting soaked....If a club has more fans than will fit in the Bisley its hardly surprising that many dont want to visit RP if they know the weather is going to be bad
If they were cheap enough we could do the North Terrace end too

Re: Brentford

Amberexile wrote:I know of two matches this season when it has been necessary to use the uncovered seats in order to accommodate the away support, how many more times has it been needed this season?
I'm not entirely certain how many the away section in the Bisley Stand holds, but if we take 400 for argument's sake, in the last 2 and a half season's worth of home games (61 matches). the visitors have exceeded 400 on 14 occasions, approximately 5-6 times per season.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Amberexile wrote:I know of two matches this season when it has been necessary to use the uncovered seats in order to accommodate the away support, how many more times has it been needed this season?
I'm not entirely certain how many the away section in the Bisley Stand holds, but if we take 400 for argument's sake, in the last 2 and a half season's worth of home games (61 matches). the visitors have exceeded 400 on 14 occasions, approximately 5-6 times per season.
Thanks for that. In which case I believe we can find better uses for the money.

County Exile wrote:Away capacity in Bisley 580

That seems an awfully high number to me. I've seen away sides almost filling that section, and it has been way lower than that figure.... so that means there's only 450 green seats available behind the goal? I find that hard to believe, though I do realise cetain website list it as 580, I think the netting may have been moved since then.