Re: We're right in this.

supporter wrote:Newgroundrodney it's encouraging that 7 out of 9 defeats are by 1 goal because I think the goals will come.

Massively encouraged by Saturdays performance and personally I would hate to play us.

All big games now which is great to follow and a lot to be positive about.
Imagine if we could turn half of those defeats in to draws?...also, let's remember how hard we are to beat at home: just 10 defeats in 66 home games under Mike Flynn...

supporter wrote:I agree with that.

As I say I'd hate to play us, Lowe said as much after the game Saturday.

2 games from Wembley, looking at chasing down a playoff spot which we may or may not achieve instead of worrying about a relegation battle, its a great time to be a county fan.
Glad you're a glass half full fan, not half empty.

Cheers blackandamber.

My general view is if you approach things with a glass half full approach then your more likely to achieve your goal or at least give it a right go.

Don't get me wrong I'm also a realist and it's going to take a massive effort to get over the line and make the playoffs, but as I keep on saying compared to where we were what a great situation to be in.

supporter wrote:Cheers blackandamber.

My general view is if you approach things with a glass half full approach then your more likely to achieve your goal or at least give it a right go.

Don't get me wrong I'm also a realist and it's going to take a massive effort to get over the line and make the playoffs, but as I keep on saying compared to where we were what a great situation to be in.
Statistically, in terms of the number of points collected by each team per game, we need a 14% improvement to occupy 7th place at the end of season.

Currently the team is creating chances but not taking them. Strikers can go through periods where they can't hit a barn door with a banjo, and then they come out of it. It is likely that one of the strikers will start putting chances away again.

It would be far more worrying if the team weren't creating any chances for the strikers to be profligate with...