Re: Banning order

Having read the very full report on the County website there is but one small point I would argue.

My own view is that the lifetime ban from the stadium is excessive. He has a four year banning order in any event. I would ban him from the stadium for the four years and then allow his readmittance on the proviso he made a full and unconditional apology and gave a written undertaking not to behave in such an outrageous manner again.

Any retribution without the possibility of redemption is merely revenge. It is probably impossible to enforce in any event. For me racism, like all forms of bigotry stems from fear and hate. I applaud hating racism, but if we allow ourselves to hate racists we become mean spirited.

I'd agree with that. If the law of the land decrees a four year ban from football grounds, that should be sufficient. Stewards and turnstile operaters will be fed up of keeping a weather eye on passing faces after a year or two, four years is a long time. They will struggle for a lifetime watch.

excessbee wrote:I'd agree with that. If the law of the land decrees a four year ban from football grounds, that should be sufficient. Stewards and turnstile operaters will be fed up of keeping a weather eye on passing faces after a year or two, four years is a long time. They will struggle for a lifetime watch.
How do you inforce a lifetime ban anyway a four year banning order haven't you got to report to local police station during every match

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Having read the very full report on the County website there is but one small point I would argue.

My own view is that the lifetime ban from the stadium is excessive. He has a four year banning order in any event. I would ban him from the stadium for the four years and then allow his readmittance on the proviso he made a full and unconditional apology and gave a written undertaking not to behave in such an outrageous manner again.

Any retribution without the possibility of redemption is merely revenge. It is probably impossible to enforce in any event. For me racism, like all forms of bigotry stems from fear and hate. I applaud hating racism, but if we allow ourselves to hate racists we become mean spirited.
Yep, fair enough. Agree with all of that.