Re: No injuries

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Great minds think alike

Thought what about Pipey last night.

Flynny thinking the same.

Dom Jefferies will not be recalled he says. :roll:
Isn't Jefferies a midfielder anyway? Would be a bit harsh to recall a kid and play him out of position.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Great minds think alike

Thought what about Pipey last night.

Flynny thinking the same.

Dom Jefferies will not be recalled he says. :roll:
Jefferies was only out on loan for a month if memory serves - work experience loans tend to be short term.

Besides, while Jefferies has looked promising, he's not exactly looked like the second coming or anything. Plugging him in at RB won't suddenly solve all the issues.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see more Jefferies and Collins (and Touray, and Foulston!!!) in our lineups, but I understand managers wanting to rely on their veterans a bit when the team is struggling.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Miles Welch-Hayes is a right back, out of contract and with....... Elite Management.
He was one of the three players to rip up his contract at Macclesfield
The ‘Gus linked us with him Wednesday ?............ meaning that there may be something in it ?
I guess today will tell, players' registrations must be submitted by noon today for them to play tomorrow.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Miles Welch-Hayes is a right back, out of contract and with....... Elite Management.
He was one of the three players to rip up his contract at Macclesfield
The ‘Gus linked us with him Wednesday ?............ meaning that there may be something in it ?

I looked up ‘out of contract right backs’ and he’s the one that stood out for me.

Miles is one of 3 former Oxford young players who moved to Macclesfield. Has played regularly for them before their woes deepened. He knows this league so might appreciate a contract to the end of the season. Equally I think Pipey could be tempted out of retirement for a few games.

Otherwise I'd see the defence lining up with 2 of Benno, Innis and Howkins in the centre, Micky continuing on the left and Robbie on the right - both did well in these positions on Tuesday, admittedly against a Walsall team who preferred to defend than attack though. Definitely time to put one of the U18 full-backs on the bench as cover though. They may not be ready for 90mins of senior football yet but exposure to the matchday squad and the chance of a few minutes on the pitch will do them the world of good and, who knows, they may show MF they can slot in.

From twitter:-
D3D4Football
@d3d4football
·
16m
This weekend Newport County will be without the injured:

Josh Sheehan
Daniel Leadbitter
Mark O'Brien
Ryan Haynes
Matt Dolan
Nick Townsend
George Nurse
Ashley Baker

Oh & Otis Khan is ineligible
From reports in the argus Townsend is out for the rest of the season!

County Exile wrote:From twitter:-
D3D4Football
@d3d4football
·
16m
This weekend Newport County will be without the injured:

Josh Sheehan
Daniel Leadbitter
Mark O'Brien
Ryan Haynes
Matt Dolan
Nick Townsend
George Nurse
Ashley Baker

Oh & Otis Khan is ineligible
From reports in the argus Townsend is out for the rest of the season!
Not looking promising. Plus Gorman and Waters ineligible for next Wednesday. Or could it just possibly be some are being 'saved' for next weds?