Re: No injuries

DT1892 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote: Just read a nice article on the Academy when Byron was in charge.
The main aim was to bring on players to league standard.
I appreciate neither of these lads are anywhere near league standard but not saying it will happen but King takes a goal kick and pulls a hammie after 10 minutes.
Whoops no replacement on the bench.
Scenario.
What is the better option one of these lads or "who fancies putting on the Jersey lads"
Regarding Aaron I have no idea but on his return he played him and the lad was superb first half then tired after that hardly seen again.
Went to Morecambe had a great few months and is with FGR currently.
Lee Evans, Regan etc all academy successes.
Before Flynny was in charge though.
Since Flynny took over who has he brought through to league standard not including anybody previously on the books.
How long has he been in charge.
You really think he is anywhere as interested as Byron was.
Just asking.
I would imagine that Flynn would quite like to bring some players through the system seeing as he was one himself. Tell me why you seem to think Flynn wouldn't want to?

But who says any of the lads we've had over Flynn's reign were good enough? Who says the lads that we've lost to bigger clubs before they could kick a ball for us wouldn't have been brought through by Flynn? There's a lot of luck involved in youth development, as we're able to see in most of our success stories.
How long has Flynny been manager.
In that time even if he was keen to bring the kids through how many have.
I make it Zero
Apologies if that is incorrect.
Lot of luck involved you say.
Well maybe Lady Luck needs to come our way

Spiderman wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:So Flynny states the Academy goalkeeper is not capable of stepping up.
Says it all about Flynny and the kids.
Zero confidence in any youngsters.
Have you seen the academy keeper before? Know anything about him?
Nope but he clearly has made an impression on Flynny.
Didn't even mention the lads name in the interview.
If the lad is not up to it maybe the Academy scouts need to get out and about and find one that is.
Is the Academy just a revenue stream or should it be that and a progression for players into the squad and large transfer fees like for Aaron Collins to keep us afloat.
Why did County legend Byron move on?
I believe we did have a good lad who was moved onto Leicester well before getting to league level so its possible..
Goalkeepers in the academy aren't signed on the basis that they can step up to League 2 if there's an injury crisis. That's not how an academy works, it's there for players we hope to step up at some point in the future. The lad just isn't ready to at the moment.

Funny you should mention Aaron Collins, wasn't it Flynny who told the club to get him back in? Odd from someone who has no interest in developing players.

Rhys Davies did move to Leicester. But as with the likes of Jay Williams, Owura Edwards, Rhys Kavanaugh - we're at a disadvantage if a bigger club comes looking.
Just read a nice article on the Academy when Byron was in charge.
I appreciate neither of these lads are anywhere near league standard but not saying it will happen but King takes a goal kick and pulls a hammie after 10 minutes.
Scenario.
What is the better option one of these lads or "who fancies putting on the Jersey lads"
Regarding Aaron I have no idea but on his return he played him and the lad was superb first half then tired after that hardly seen again.
Since Flynny took over who has he brought through to league standard not including anybody previously on the books.
Just asking.
How many of Byrons academy kids have made it to league 2 football?

Just asking

Incidentally , it was Flynn That recommended Evans to Justin , Flynn that brought Poole back ( not sure if he recommended him to Justin initially ) and Flynn who got Aaron out working at MacDonalds

All good fun
I thought we were debating since Flynny took over as manager?

Regarding Byron hopefully if he had stayed a few more than we have without him.
Funny thing I have no idea who the new Academy manager even is.

The point is kids did progress when Flynn was involved directly with the academy development but now he his manager of this 1st team squad and recruitment and ultimately results in lg 2 .i guess those in charge of the academy would inform him of who is showing potential but with 1st team games coming thick and fast training and his own scouting missions how much time do you honestly think he has to check any potential academy players out personally enough to decide if they are ready

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:So Flynny states the Academy goalkeeper is not capable of stepping up.
If the lad is not up to it maybe the Academy scouts need to get out and about and find one that is.
Is the Academy just a revenue stream or should it be that and a progression for players into the squad and large transfer fees like for Aaron Collins to keep us afloat.
I believe we did have a good lad who was moved onto Leicester well before getting to league level so its possible..
Goalkeepers in the academy aren't signed on the basis that they can step up to League 2 if there's an injury crisis. That's not how an academy works, it's there for players we hope to step up at some point in the future. The lad just isn't ready to at the moment.

Funny you should mention Aaron Collins, wasn't it Flynny who told the club to get him back in? Odd from someone who has no interest in developing players.

Rhys Davies did move to Leicester. But as with the likes of Jay Williams, Owura Edwards, Rhys Kavanaugh - we're at a disadvantage if a bigger club comes looking.
Scenario.
Just asking.

Just asking

Incidentally , it was Flynn That recommended Evans to Justin , Flynn that brought Poole back ( not sure if he recommended him to Justin initially ) and Flynn who got Aaron out working at MacDonalds

All good fun

The question was how many of Byron academy players have made it at league 2 level , and who?

phil crump wrote:The point is kids did progress when Flynn was involved directly with the academy development but now he his manager of this 1st team squad and recruitment and ultimately results in lg 2 .i guess those in charge of the academy would inform him of who is showing potential but with 1st team games coming thick and fast training and his own scouting missions how much time do you honestly think he has to check any potential academy players out personally enough to decide if they are ready
Same amount of time as any other league manager one would think.
Unless he's out with Spiderman of course. :wink:
I do remember a few years back Orient came down to play us with a bunch of kids as the senior squad were woeful.
What chance against Westley's seasoned Pros.
We totally hammered them of course. :wink:
Before the answer comes back I know Orient went down but they were doomed anyway.
Regardless with only 2 seasoned Pros left over he will have to put 4 kids on the bench tomorrow regardless.

Spiderman wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
DT1892 wrote:

Scenario.
Just asking.

Just asking

All good fun

The question was how many of Byron academy players have made it at league 2 level , and who?
The same number as Flynny of course but in half the time and regardless Flynny picks the first team so how could Byron
push them through.
Daft question

phil crump wrote:And that’s your answer in a nutshell Flynn picks the 1st team and if he thinks any of our academy players aren’t ready his choice it’s not his job to get them ready
Nope.
In your own words he is to busy to check them out so how would he know if again in your words he never sees them.
Maybe I am wrong but as club manager doesn't he oversee all the football staff?
Glad you are happy with the progress so far.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote: Just read a nice article on the Academy when Byron was in charge.
Scenario.
Just asking.
I would imagine that Flynn would quite like to bring some players through the system seeing as he was one himself. Tell me why you seem to think Flynn wouldn't want to?

But who says any of the lads we've had over Flynn's reign were good enough? Who says the lads that we've lost to bigger clubs before they could kick a ball for us wouldn't have been brought through by Flynn? There's a lot of luck involved in youth development, as we're able to see in most of our success stories.
How long has Flynny been manager.
In that time even if he was keen to bring the kids through how many have.
I make it Zero
Apologies if that is incorrect.
Lot of luck involved you say.
Well maybe Lady Luck needs to come our way
You can be keen to bring kids through and not have any success in doing so Harps. He's played a fair few young lads in the EFL trophy, yet none of them are good enough to be first team regulars yet. And don't quote Jefferies being Man of the Match against West Ham's kids again. We let a 3 goal lead slip and lost 5-4 when the senior midfield went off.

Dear Frank, from 2015

Butcher released Flynn as a player in 2015, with Flynn by then also serving as academy manager and having helped to bring the likes of Aaron Collins and Regan Poole into the senior squad.

I’ll ask again , Who has Byron brought into league 2?

All good fun

In May 2018 Byron Anthony Academy manager announced that the club had achieved Category 3 status.
The aim being to increase the number of players coming through to first team football.
Previously Lee Evans, Regan Poole and Aaron Collins had achieved that.
The article also stated that Touray and Foulston had also succeeded but I take that with a pinch of salt.
Since that date albeit its only 21 months in fairness how many?

Who said I was happy about the progress just pointing out it’s not Flynn’s problem or responsibility if our academy has not supplied a conveyor belt of players to play for the 1st team.maybe you should channel your frustration at those running the academy and ask them

phil crump wrote:And that’s your answer in a nutshell Flynn picks the 1st team and if he thinks any of our academy players aren’t ready his choice it’s not his job to get them ready
Woah, steady on , you’ll upset Frank and Percy. They seem to think that Dom Jeffries makes Dani Alves look like Seth Twumasi.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:In May 2018 Byron Anthony Academy manager announced that the club had achieved Category 3 status.
The aim being to increase the number of players coming through to first team football.
Previously Lee Evans, Regan Poole and Aaron Collins had achieved that.
The article also stated that Touray and Foulston had also succeeded but I take that with a pinch of salt.
Since that date albeit its only 21 months in fairness how many?
I asked you

Spiderman wrote:Dear Frank, from 2015

Butcher released Flynn as a player in 2015, with Flynn by then also serving as academy manager and having helped to bring the likes of Aaron Collins and Regan Poole into the senior squad.

I’ll ask again , Who has Byron brought into league 2?

All good fun
How could he bring anybody in with Flynny as manager.
Stop acting daft.
All good fun.