Re: Grandstand: Salford City at Rodney Parade

Exile 1976 wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:How is he taking one before Collins or Green ???

he stepped up , they didnt ?

Why take off Amond or Willmott who I would have thought would have been penalty takers ???

its surprising how many players 'bottle out ' of taking important penalties

Depends whether Flynny put him up before them or whether they chose not to take one. I’d like to think those two players would want to step up before that great big lump who’s never scored a goal in his career

Thats what the ??? was put in the post...We dont know..He may have volunteered , perhaps they didnt..Whats Flynn to do if thats the case.?.....Thats the part I cant fault him for..He may not have had any choice than to let Innes take it.
He probably hoped we would have won it before Innes or any of the other two had the responsibility of taking a pen

neilcork68 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:How is he taking one before Collins or Green ???

he stepped up , they didnt ?

Why take off Amond or Willmott who I would have thought would have been penalty takers ???

its surprising how many players 'bottle out ' of taking important penalties

Depends whether Flynny put him up before them or whether they chose not to take one. I’d like to think those two players would want to step up before that great big lump who’s never scored a goal in his career

Thats what the ??? was put in the post...We dont know..He may have volunteered , perhaps they didnt..Whats Flynn to do if thats the case.?.....Thats the part I cant fault him for..He may not have had any choice than to let Innes take it.
He probably hoped we would have won it before Innes or any of the other two had the responsibility of taking a pen

As there wasn’t that long to go, and he was taking off our penalty taker, Flynny would have discussed with Green about taking one surely !?
Seems like a very strange decision but if he was the only one who volunteered to step up to take that penalty then fair play to him.
Hoping that was a nervous laugh and joking when he missed though as it looked like he couldn’t give a shite

bedeck wrote:That lost game has cost the club a potentiial windfall of about £700k. Our season is over so we need to end loan deals on some of our loan players, play youngsters and save some cash and prepare for next season. I would bring Touray back for the rest of the season as he couldn't do worst than our current strikers.

Stop talking sense . You know its not allowed on here or you will get the 'heavy mob' after you.

fecking hell man, whats £700k ? Lets keep Flynn and give him a pay rise

neilcork68 wrote:Why did he take off Willmott ? Surely he should have been one of the penalty takers ???

He may have talked to Green and maybe Green said NO ???
MF probably chose Innes over Collins as he probably didnt think Collins was 'up to it ''???
Can you honestly see MF asking Collins to take such an important pen ? I cant.

If Green had said no surely Flynny wouldn’t have brought him on ?!?
Not ask Collins, who’s a forward but let Inniss take one ? More fool him if that’s the case.

Gobsmacked.
Down to Flynny for sure.
Matt/Amond up front this season does not work.
He took Amond off because he was woeful tonight. Out on the right then the left never in the centre, Matt was winning everything but nobody to feed off him.
Should of started with Green or Collins.
Not Innis's fault, Abrahams missed and Bennett and Green clearly shit out.
He took Robbie off so Abrahams could take a pen (whoops).
Defence superb, midfield okay and nothing up front again.
Both keepers could of read a book.
Apart from the miss Inniss was superb tonight.
MOM got that 100% correct.
As soon as Green came on we were all over them but it should of happened at half time.

King 6 Nothing to do
Haynes 6 Okay
Demetriou 6 Okay but nothing special.
Inniss 8 MOM and not like a few others didn't shit out at the end.
Bennett 7 would have been 8 apart from shitting out.
Sheehan 6 Quiet.
Dolan 6 Thought he did okay for his current standard.
Labs 6 Just wanted to roll around on the floor.
Matt 8 Best I have seen him this year but no back up.
Amond 4 Hopeless.
Wilmott 7 Good but a few poor corners.

Green 7 Should of started.
Collins/ Abrahams not on long enough for points.

Seriously play like this and loose Saturday Flynny needs to look at himself.

Just cannot continue like this.

Give the kids a game nothing to loose at least goals happen when they play.

Exile 1976 wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Why did he take off Willmott ? Surely he should have been one of the penalty takers ???

He may have talked to Green and maybe Green said NO ???
MF probably chose Innes over Collins as he probably didnt think Collins was 'up to it ''???
Can you honestly see MF asking Collins to take such an important pen ? I cant.

If Green had said no surely Flynny wouldn’t have brought him on ?!?
Not ask Collins, who’s a forward but let Inniss take one ? More fool him if that’s the case.
He may have said ok when he came on but bottled it when he had to take one. We dont know.He may not have even thought of it when he brought him on and felt we could win in normal time ?
I honestly believe Flynn would go to Innes before asking Collins to take a pen...
As Frank has said. Why didnt Bennett step up ?