Re: Ledley

neilcork68 wrote:We were 9 points adrift when Flynn took over and it was a remarkable achievement by Flynn and the team but lets remember it was Hartlepools that we caught and overtook to save our league season who's form was 18 points out of a possible 45 points from their last 15 games... We took 24 out of 45 in our games
Both sides were poor and struggling, If we were to make the play offs we would be competing with 'form teams ' who are also trying to achieve promotion...Its a HUGE ask that given our recent records since October 2019 can anyone honestly see us turning it around that much ? We have dropped points this week in what should have been at least 4 points from two home games with our inability to score a single goal.
Sorry if any team thinks they can make the play offs Cambridge and Wallsall should be teams we need to beat. One win against Swindon the two losses and a draw is not a good return in any sane persons thoughts if they believe we can.
oh how I would love to be eating humble pie by being wrong in May but I dont think I need to buy any pastry yet , do you ?
I thought it was more than 9 points adrift,was it 11.Amazing turnaround but,Hartlepool somehow lost at Orient,who were all but down,and home to Barnet who had nothing to play for.Just drawing those two and we would still have gone down.Last season,Exeter and Colchester had relegation form in the run in and Swindon lost three on the bounce allowing us to scrape in.It would need other teams to falter again for us to do it.The thing is,you never know what we are going to do from one week to the next so,unlikely but not impossible.

Exile 1976 wrote:We were 11pts adrift but15 behind Hartlepool
We were surely miles behind the play-offs last season as well. I remember thinking "I wish the players would stop going on about the play-offs, it's never going to happen".

I wouldn't write us off. We've got the players to do it, just need to get them firing again.

peppy56 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:We were 11pts adrift but15 behind Hartlepool
We were surely miles behind the play-offs last season as well. I remember thinking "I wish the players would stop going on about the play-offs, it's never going to happen".

I wouldn't write us off. We've got the players to do it, just need to get them firing again.

On what evidence other than 'blind hope from a fan? '
The evidence we watch week after week leaves many wondering where the next goal is coming from never mind 9 or 10 victories we will need to get to the play offs.One good game v Swindon then ok at Plymouth followed by two really poor displays from us where we could still be playing now and probably still not score.

The worrying thing about my post about lose next week v Salford and we may as well have the 'end of season awards now' is that even the most optimistic fan will admit I wont be far off with what I predicted.
The friendlies will be the same as every year , the type of players he brings in are as I say and we will have players looking for better deals elsewhere but end up staying with us as a 'back up'..(MD , Labs etc)
Oh and I bet we get Mansfield in our first three games at their gaff :lol:

Despite Flynny still talking about Ledley looks like he might be off to Oz.
That will get him back in the Welsh squad. NOT
Still training with the boys, all that experience has done the club proud. NOT
More bad news the full back Welch Hayes has joined me at Colchester.
No sign of a keeper either.
Good week for Flynny.
Turn it around tomorrow?

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Despite Flynny still talking about Ledley looks like he might be off to Oz.
That will get him back in the Welsh squad. NOT
Still training with the boys, all that experience has done the club proud. NOT
More bad news the full back Welch Hayes has joined me at Colchester.
No sign of a keeper either.
Good week for Flynny.
Turn it around tomorrow?
You do start to wonder whether Ledley is a poor influence on moral etc. Maybe why no one else wants him - did our bad run start at about the time he started training with us?
Glad we are not wasting money on a keeper no need for bench warmer we are not going to win anything this year so if King gets injured during match hay ho and subsequent to that emergency loan available.
Welch - Hayes signed on 2.5 year contract we could not and would have been mad to compete with that.

Surely .... not even us can blame Ledley for the poor run of form ?

.... having said that ... since the beginning of January we’ve played 9 Lge games, Winning 3 Drawing 2 & Losing 4 .... I’m sure that I can remember much worse runs than that, with a lot less hysteria ?

I appreciate that the quality of play and lack of goals scored are of concern but no one really mentions our defensive record this season ?

Anyway what else would we be doing on a Saturday ?
Be Happy !!
Gonna be a windy one today !!!

Loyalfoot wrote:Who was the guy warming King up the other night? Surely he can do the job until the end of the season. He looked too old to be the youth keeper
Just the coach, isn’t it? Or a trialist?

I do wonder though: surely an actual goalkeeper, even an undercooked youth player, is better to have on the bench than making an outfield player?

George Street-Bridge wrote:Ledley's age and CV look a good fit for Australia, but their season is well past half-way and the next one won't start until October. The A-league transfer window closed 31 Jan.
Surely it doesn't apply to non-contracted players like other leagues in the world.