Re: Gardening leave

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
supporter wrote:I think we're agonisingly close to turning this around.

The most important thing in these circumstances is to keep the group close knit not take key personnel out of it.

One game at a time starting today.
Mate, you get the prize for the most optimistic poster on here - by a country mile. Nice one.
Tell you what Mike

I am joining him for a pint of soda and Lime 80p.
Rather than a point of Corona £5.50. :lol:

Positive vibes despite the gale blowing currently.
Don’t blame you Frank. Wouldn’t want to pay that again. Ouch. Have a good one and hope the three of you enjoy the game. :grin: :cheers: I fancy a draw today. Cmon the County.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
excessbee wrote:If we're loose, we may lose. :lol:
Shit

Every bloody time I do it. :lol:

Just asked Mrs Nouble how do I spell gale so got that correct.
Was thinking "Gayle" but that's a nice Country and Western singer. :lol:
It's only one letter out Harps but,I remember a girl I knew,some said she was lush others said she was a lush.That one letter made a big difference.

Percy plunkett wrote:Unusual idea from Norm,a temporary gardening leave,a halfway house between stick or twist.Mad is about right for this suggestion,I'm sure Norm has his tongue somewhere in his cheek on this one.
Obviously some tongue in cheek..but i would be interested to know how many paid coaching staff in whatever capacity it takes to motivate a team to score/make goals at a more liberal rate?

daftasfxxx wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Bit early in the day to be on the sauce isn't it?
You're forgetting - MF and his team have reached their objectives for the season, earn a few quid from TV games and avoid relegation.
That was not the objective for this season.
Continue loosing and your last comment maybe not correct either.
No idea where you got that from.
Avoid relegation :roll: , it was push on for promotion.
Yes indeed both MF and Foxhall spoke openly of chasing promotion this season. I questioned the wisdom of speaking publicly about it at the time, and believe that the players have not dealt well with that extra expectation. Obviously that doesn't explain some of the dire performances and massive disappointments we've endured this season. Is it more than a co-incidence that generally we beat the top teams, especially at home, when we are not 'favourites', yet fail to do so against the so called 'lesser' teams when we are the 'favourites'.

Having said this, making money from the cups, and avoiding relegation (not guaranteed yet) does keep things in perspective.
To be fair, if either of them said we hope to stay up by the skin of our teeth and hopefully scrape a few quid out of the cups then they would had been hung out to dry
Agree with that and quite rightly so.
But in my view talking publically about promotion at such an early stage of the season was an error given a team that appeared to be playing tentatively and lacking confidence in attack, even at the beginning of the season when we were 'scraping' wins.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
excessbee wrote:If we're loose, we may lose. :lol:
Shit

Every bloody time I do it. :lol:

Just asked Mrs Nouble how do I spell gale so got that correct.
Was thinking "Gayle" but that's a nice Country and Western singer. :lol:
I shouldn't worry about it Frank. For me it's Newport County's excess of '0's' that upsetting.