Predicting result v Morecombe at home

A quick look at the League 2 table would suggest a home win, yet our home results to date would suggest otherwise.

There appears to be 9 teams in with a realistic chance of making the top 7. We have played 7 of those teams at home, are unbeaten against them and collected 17 points. Average 2.43 points per game.
We have played 8 of current bottom 9 teams at home (County excluded from those of course) at have collected 13 points .Average 1.62 points per game.
I have posed the question a couple of times previously on different threads as to why the stark differential? As yet I have read no apparent explanations as to why, despite numerous posters informing us of where we are going wrong tactically, formation-wise, selection wise, what we should be doing better, how inept our manager is, and what he should be doing better etc.
Could it possibly be, surely not with all the depth of knowledge and expertise, from this forums contributors, that no-one
has a bloody clue? Sadly it would appear including the management team.
It would appear that this forum, especially since our defeat at Oldham, has been hi-jacked by a small number of posters via multi-threaded tirades calling for the managers to be sacked, sometimes resorting to personal abuse of him and board members. Whilst I understand, given our recent results, that some will inevitably express an opinion that we should change managers, I personally find these recent threads quite sinister and disturbing.
Anyway, back to our upcoming next game, as always I hope for a comfortable home win, but suspect it will be an error-strewn tense affair played in front of a sub 3000 subdued crowd, resulting in a draw. If so, sadly expect some booing at the end.

UTC

Re: Predicting result v Morcombe at home

Sorry but that is one of the oddest last paragraphs I have read for many a day.

How can regular contributors hi jack a forum?

Stating they want a change in management is a "tirade"

"Personal" abuse of the manager and board?

Best of the lot "sinister and disturbing"

Anyway 2-1 to Morecambe regrettably but will be chuffed with a win minimum.

You have ignored the numerous replies to your second paragraph also and so many contributors every week post succinct reasons for our failures this season.

A very odd thread indeed

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Sorry but that is one of the oddest last paragraphs I have read for many a day.

You have ignored the numerous replies to your second paragraph also and so many contributors every week post succinct reasons for our failures this season.

A very odd thread indeed
It is my opinion that recent multi-thread post on this forum does constitute a tirade which I view as sinister and disturbing. It would appear that it is not your opinion, and maybe not anyone else's either . So be it.
For what it's worth, self admittedly insignificant, my opinion is MF should not be removed at this time, but his position, along with WH &LL should be re-assessed at the end of the season; that re-assessment not precluding termination of contract.
I do not accept that I have ignored 'the numerous replies from so many contributors every week, succinct reasons for our failures this season'. What I seek is an explanation/theory to the specific question Why is our home form so much better against the current top 9 clubs in this division compared to the bottom 9? .
I apologise if I have missed those replies to that specific question. Maybe you can point them out to me, or offer me your personal explanation on that specific question alone?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Sorry but that is one of the oddest last paragraphs I have read for many a day.

A very odd thread indeed
It is my opinion that recent multi-thread post on this forum does constitute a tirade which I view as sinister and disturbing. It would appear that it is not your opinion, and maybe not anyone else's either . So be it.
For what it's worth, self admittedly insignificant, my opinion is MF should not be removed at this time, but his position, along with WH &LL should be re-assessed at the end of the season; that re-assessment not precluding termination of contract.
I do not accept that I have ignored 'the numerous replies from so many contributors every week, succinct reasons for our failures this season'. What I seek is an explanation/theory to the specific question Why is our home form so much better against the current top 9 clubs in this division compared to the bottom 9? .
I apologise if I have missed those replies to that specific question. Maybe you can point them out to me, or offer me your personal explanation on that specific question alone?
Always have found your posts tidy and interesting but this one unfortunately really to me is plain daft.
The fact that one or 2 or more posters have stated our manager should go and clearly respond to those that think the opposite cannot be called a tirade.
Certainly I would not call Corky or any others with that view "sinister and disturbing"
Hopefully will have time later and give my reasoning why we are crap against crap and okay against tidy opposition.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:

A very odd thread indeed

We drag the Footballing sides down to our level on our ploughed field and beat them . The other teams are better than us on a bad pitch and do the nasty things better ???
Teams like Swindon have looked a beaten side as soon as they warm up on the RP pitch and they realise they cant play their free flowing football. Then you have the likes of Cambridge. they out battle us when it comes to the hoofball side of the game.
The biggest reason is down to Motivation...The players can get UP for the big games but not the run of the mill games they should be competing / possibly should be winning

neilcork68 wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:

A very odd thread indeed

We drag the Footballing sides down to our level on our ploughed field and beat them . The other teams are better than us on a bad pitch and do the nasty things better ???
Teams like Swindon have looked a beaten side as soon as they warm up on the RP pitch and they realise they cant play their free flowing football. Then you have the likes of Cambridge. they out battle us when it comes to the hoofball side of the game.
The biggest reason is down to Motivation...The players can get UP for the big games but not the run of the mill games they should be competing / possibly should be winning
Hardly rocket science or a great mystery!

neilcork68 wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:

A very odd thread indeed

Thank you for that reply, and agree with you that motivation and mindset is the biggest factor, although not so sure that the RP pitch can explain our victories against the top sides when playing on a good surface at the beginning of the season.
I believe that what often separates a good team management from those not so good, whether it be in sports or other walks of life is their ability to influence/improve that teams motivation, belief and confidence. Of course part of that ability is their understanding of the psyche of individuals and the team as a collective, and what affect their words and actions has upon those individuals and team. To put it bluntly I remain unconvinced that our current management team are doing a good job when mentally preparing the team to play against some opposition. I'm only basing my opinions on watching all bar 2 of our home League games this season.

p.s. apologies for my poor misspelling of Morecambe.