Re: Taff and the Trustatorship

Everyone else’s fault bar his.
Accumulation of numerous posts he’s made which is clearly against the code of conduct he’s signed...no wonder they asked him to step down

Oh and listening to the link, absolutely nothing to do with criticising the club/management after the Oldham game as per the original post on this thread.

He has signed a code of conduct. The posts that he has put up (the famous woman and the dildo’s and rugby player picture) have been explained away as humour. He says he will never change. He has done an enormous amount for the club with his media promotion and money making venture. Good on him for that. However, the one word I would use to describe him is naive. It’s quite sad. His heart is in the right place, but......

UPTHEPORT wrote:Don't know the full story but someone told me he shared a post mocking a disabled person that's what started it all

Be careful what you post on line or share amongst"friends"

This season a premier league ref had to step down because he sent WhatsApp messages mocking a disabled person to "friends"

He mentions that it was Harvey Price.

Number of points.

The Bradford incident. He removed the videos when he realized that it was offensive and apologised. I have no problem with that.

I can't comment on Harvey Price. I haven't got a clue what he's on about.

His political views, unless they are hate speech, are his views and I don't have a problem with. Although I suspect I would be very much opposed to them.

His criticism of the rugby is a view he is entitled to hold and express.

He certainly has a point, even if he didn't see it, that if complaints are made about him he should be informed immediately. It is simply unfair to hit anyone with a back log of complaints.

However Newport County football club have a reputation to keep. They also have a large number of children who follow the club. For anyone to involve the club with sex toys in the mouths of adults is clearly behaving in a manner which is grossly offensive. He is unfit to act as a volunteer at Newport County. In my view the club had no option but to ask him to stand down.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Number of points.

The Bradford incident. He removed the videos when he realized that it was offensive and apologised. I have no problem with that.

His political views, unless they are hate speech, are his views and I don't have a problem with. Although I suspect I would be very much opposed to them.

He certainly has a point, even if he didn't see it, that if complaints are made about him he should be informed immediately. It is simply unfair to hit anyone with a back log of complaints.

However Newport County football club have a reputation to keep. They also have a large number of children who follow the club. For anyone to involve the club with sex toys in the mouths of adults is clearly behaving in a manner which is grossly offensive. He is unfit to act as a volunteer at Newport County. In my view the club had no option but to ask him to stand down.
he has a history of sharing right wing material online. tommy robinson/Stephen yaxley lennon, nigel farage etc, i'm surprised the club didn't act sooner given the code of conduct that has come to light.

What right do the club have or you to question someone’s political views we are not living in North Korea.as long as he is not posting his views on club forums.it should not interfere with him as a volunteer for this club.i personally think his energy and commitment to this club will be sorely missed.

county37 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Number of points.

he has a history of sharing right wing material online. tommy robinson/Stephen yaxley lennon, nigel farage etc, i'm surprised the club didn't act sooner given the code of conduct that has come to light.
Blimey clearly an extremist to the left here.
Anybody who supported or voted in the past for Nigel Farage needs removing forthwith.
That one point is totally daft.
Regardless of anything else

tompkip wrote:What right do the club have or you to question someone’s political views we are not living in North Korea.as long as he is not posting his views on club forums.it should not interfere with him as a volunteer for this club.i personally think his energy and commitment to this club will be sorely missed.
You raise two points.

Firstly his political views. He is entitled to hold them and express them. That I find far right views obnoxious is neither here nor there.

Secondly I agree that the club might well miss the £12,000 or so income he claims to bring in each season is beyond doubt.

However whilst he may have legitimate grounds to argue that the club have double standards for me it doesn't alter one thing. If on a website that promotes Newport County you are posting up Dragons rugby players in simulated acts of fellatio you are undoubtedly bringing the club into disrepute. Further he explains this ridiculous and obscene act as someone at Newport County having a sense of humour bypass.

It may be Taff has many attributes, but for me, on his own account he has clearly crossed a line.

tompkip wrote:Stan as you rightly say his accounts are his and no business of me you or the club,just to say I find far left a lot more obnoxious of the middle ground or right of the spectrum.
So long as you don't engage in hate speech, I will support your right to hold and express any views you like.

This is of course part of our cunning plan to identity all those enemies of the proletariat. Once identified come the glorious day you and people like you will be face the firing squad. :grin: