Re: GRANDSTAND: v MORECAMBE

Percy plunkett wrote:
Spiderman wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:It's actually Graham Rogers Spider.He did a great job winning the Gloucestershire Senior Cup and the following season won the Beazer Championship where he helped the club create a new 100 year record of consecutive wins.Unfortunately,he didn't get a job for life and the board,reluctantly,had to relieve him of his duties in September 1996 after a poor start to the season.There was no personal vendetta just a football decision had to be made.There was no hard feelings on Graham's part as he realised that he is in a results business.Does that answer your query Spider.
How many games did he win to win the Gloucster cup, and against whom and by what Scoreline?

I distinctly remember Graham arguing with fans on several occasions and let’s not forget this was all before the dawn of social media

Three years ago this week , we were facing oblivion , now we’ve had our third season in a row being safe by March, despite having the worst facilities and pitch in the league

#flynnout
He didn't win as he didn't play but,Darren Porretta and Mark Price,who you may see at our games won all the games that they had to in order to win the Cup.

Great times , respect to all the players that represented us on our way back . It’s sad that you know how many games we played to win that cup, know the teams that we played and results but choose to deflect.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Worst pitch. Having seen Tranmere's think we have a bit of competition
Got a feeling they are a Division above us.
Of course silly me, misinterpreted original post. Probably the same league next season.
Actually, and being a total pedant, we are in the same League as Tranmere. We are only in a different division of that League. So you were technically right.

So he hasn't lost the dressing room and the team are playing for him?

So out of the next four games ,Carlisle , Stevenage , Crawley and Colchester how many points are we expecting ??

IMO if we don't get at least 4 that's not good enough...Then we have Cheltenham away.....

Thank **** we are safe and have nothing to play for because in reality I can see 5 defeats in a row for us from those fixtures.

He won't be able to blame the pitch either as only one is on RP beach....

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Just watched the highlights on Quest. Superb effort from Gorman, although it looked like he was trying to chip the ball 'into the mix' it showed good intelligence as those cross-cum-shots are difficult to defend.

Pitch looked truly awful. It's an important win and we need to build on this now.

You realise our next 5 fixtures are against teams we very rarely get points from.. 4 of them are away and one on our dead pitch..
I hope I am wrong but March could be a long month of poor results for us and him..

Not sure where you are in the ground Spider,if you're in the Bisley,have a word with Pricey,he is in hospitality,ask him did it matter to win the Gloucestershire.I've seen Darren on the Hazell,ask him was it Mickey Mouse to him.Not at all mate,we beat who we had to beat,they've got a medal that they cherish it and well earned in my book.

Triangle wrote:
johnny1972 wrote:The next month is going to Define is reign for sure. Hope he does it.
Disagree. The great escape, cup runs and taking us to a play off final define It for me.
That's all history now....
Since he did that he has had a bigger budget to work with , signed a dozen players who IMO haven't improved us and the results and performances have got worse..
Oh yeah , tried to leave the club but managed to get a pay increase by ' doing us a favour' and staying put.....

I had better batten down the hatches because the MF supporters don't like the truth and Facts because its against their agendas of backing him .
If you don't agree with them they abuse you and question your support of the club.......

Amberexile wrote:I think results today mean that Flynn will be our manager going into next season if he wants it.
I think there are club politics coming in to play here. At this stage I don’t think that there is any doubt that MF will be our manager next season.

He has made his statement about the next 12 games etc. Within that statement there is an element of him saying that he knows he is not bigger than the club and that results are paramount. He was speaking to the media and the fans, not the Board. They appear to have a cosy relationship.

It is next season that the serious questions will be asked. I just hope that he is preparing for that now. I hope we don’t have to rely on only one team going down.

It reminds me of the late 60’s and early 70’s when success was measured by avoiding the drop. Sometimes I really wish that I could find my rose tinted spectacles but at my age I just can’t find them. It would be funny if it wasn’t so sad.

faerun exile wrote:
excessbee wrote:
faerun exile wrote:Crap 1st half but much better second half. Deserved win. Their 33 dropped a nut on Flynn after the game finished which prompted the handbags.
If that's what happened, and something obviously did, let's hope the cameras were still rolling.
Flynn made the most of it in fairness but there was contact from their 33.
Ironic if it was their 33 .... he was the one screaming and rolling around like a arsehole in the first half !

neilcork68 wrote:
Triangle wrote:
johnny1972 wrote:The next month is going to Define is reign for sure. Hope he does it.
Disagree. The great escape, cup runs and taking us to a play off final define It for me.
That's all history now....
Since he did that he has had a bigger budget to work with , signed a dozen players who IMO haven't improved us and the results and performances have got worse..
Oh yeah , tried to leave the club but managed to get a pay increase by ' doing us a favour' and staying put.....

I had better batten down the hatches because the MF supporters don't like the truth and Facts because its against their agendas of backing him .
If you don't agree with them they abuse you and question your support of the club.......
You both have a point Flynn has a great legacy but you can’t live on it for ever. He should have gone to Lincoln arguably and been remembered for the success of getting to play off final but he would have been criticised for that.
This season is over now, there is a fixture pile up of sorts owing to bad decisions taken to postpone games for internationals a poor pitch and a poor run of form. Flynn I suspect will take us into next season and needs to improve tactics and recruitment - the selection of Abrahams and the outcome yesterday was so predictable almost to a comment on here he was our worst player and taken off. Why we keep our top scorer on the bench remains a mystery not playing as well as last year but 13 goals when do we ever get near a 13 goal striker to sign???