Re: News regarding ex County players

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
excessbee wrote:
Beechwood Boy wrote:Azeez scored the only, and winning goal, for Torquay.
Hmm..... if it's the only goal it must, by definition, be the winning goal. :lol:
Perhaps that depends on whether you interpret the 'only goal' as being the possessive of Torquay or the match ?
You're quite right, the original statement was fine. It was the only goal for Torquay and also the winning goal in the match. My apologies to Beechwood Boy.

excessbee wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
excessbee wrote:
Hmm..... if it's the only goal it must, by definition, be the winning goal. :lol:
Perhaps that depends on whether you interpret the 'only goal' as being the possessive of Torquay or the match ?
You're quite right, the original statement was fine. It was the only goal for Torquay and also the winning goal in the match. My apologies to Beechwood Boy.
Late night pedantics from me though. Not much on the tele.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
bedeck wrote:Taylor Maloney has resigned for Concord Rangers on Canvey Island on loan from Charlton.
Why did Charlton call him back then.
Flynny didn't rate him much
had one good game against cheltenham in the paint pot and was otherwise bang average to be honest. Looked like he belonged at a lower level, not a higher one.

Charlton probably recalled him because he wasn't playing enough with us. He'll play more in non league at least.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
excessbee wrote:
If you score once and win the opposition must fail to score.
Yes. And we were doing that quite regularly at the beginning of the season. Sadly as with most good things it came to an end

Ugo. wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
bedeck wrote:Taylor Maloney has resigned for Concord Rangers on Canvey Island on loan from Charlton.
Why did Charlton call him back then.
Flynny didn't rate him much
They recalled him after Flynn publicly gave him a dressing down after a poor performance.
Cannot remember him ever being picked out by Flynny.

After what game was that

County Exile wrote:It was in his post match interview after the New Years day match against Cheltenham. He didn't actually name Maloney but made it clear it was the sub who replaced Labadie (ie Maloney) that cost us all 3 points.

He said "One of the players can't be bothered to track a runner" and "By not doing his job he has just cost us 2 points"
Afternoon mate.

Thanks now jogged my memory.

Cheers

Frank