Cheltenham

Anyone got any tips for the Festival? I’m going for Asterion Falange in the Supreme Novices Hurdle (free bet) and Epatante in the 15.30. tomorrow. Both to win.

Was going to go for Altior in the big race on Wednesday but he pulled up lame on the weekend. His trainer says he may still run though, hmmmm.

Also may do Alpha des Obeaux in the Gold Cup. He looks a good e/w bet. He won’t win though.

Re: Cheltenham

If you're selected horse finish in top five in first race today and doesn't win you get your money back as cash on skybet up to a tenner

Gone for Sporting John

Also another free bet of a quid on Ladbrokes
Last edited by UPTHEPORT on March 11th, 2020, 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

I’ve gone for Copperhead in the 14.10 and Dame de Compeigne in the 14.50 today. A certain winner looks to be Envoi Allen in the first race - 13.30 but the odds look far too short for me at 10/11 when I last looked.

For those who have accounts, Betfair are saying that if you put £20 on the first race, they will give you a free bet of £20. The only issue for me is that it is via their exchange account and I don’t use that one. Too risky for me.

Good Morning!

Half way point and I’m a few quid up. I don’t bet as much on Cheltenham as I used to, not every race, and only a few quid at a time.
Difference being I haven’t taken time off this year to stay home and watch it all.
However these new fangled smart phones might be the ruin of me!
Being able to watch the race and bet on it all whilst “at work” cannot be good for the weaker minded racing enthusiasts.
I hope to finish a bit earlier today, and a hospital appointment conveniently scheduled for Friday means I’m off then too. In our work competition, one horse per race, I’m minus fourteen quid, ie no winners!
Watched Tiger Roll with interest, as already got tenner on him at 8/1 for National, placed immediately after last years success. Must admit being a little concerned now, hoping for better ground at Aintree. Seriously worried the virus might have more impact by then though and everything affected.

Phil in Northampton

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Morning!

Half way point and I’m a few quid up. I don’t bet as much on Cheltenham as I used to, not every race, and only a few quid at a time.
Difference being I haven’t taken time off this year to stay home and watch it all.
However these new fangled smart phones might be the ruin of me!
Being able to watch the race and bet on it all whilst “at work” cannot be good for the weaker minded racing enthusiasts.
I hope to finish a bit earlier today, and a hospital appointment conveniently scheduled for Friday means I’m off then too. In our work competition, one horse per race, I’m minus fourteen quid, ie no winners!
Watched Tiger Roll with interest, as already got tenner on him at 8/1 for National, placed immediately after last years success. Must admit being a little concerned now, hoping for better ground at Aintree. Seriously worried the virus might have more impact by then though and everything affected.

Phil in Northampton
Stop kissing horses and you'll be fine

pembsexile wrote:Big day today. Useless yesterday. Have even entered the ITV 7. Two to watch are Goshen in the 13.30 and Creanteen in the 16.50. Fingers crossed. :cheers: :grin:
My favourite day of the season is today mike! the mrs has been up there all week working so I go up today to have my day out at the races then we come back home together (she drives) :grin: i go up armed with my £100 to loose or make a fortune, i suspect it will be the former, so for what its worth this is what i will be wasting my money on today.

1.30 Goshen
2.10 Saint Roi
2.50 Monkfish
3.30 Lostintranslation
4.10 Billaway My tip of the day :shock:
4.50 Chosen Mate
5.30 Pileon

I will probably come home disappointed again as I do most years but its a great day out.

llanwern exile wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Big day today. Useless yesterday. Have even entered the ITV 7. Two to watch are Goshen in the 13.30 and Creanteen in the 16.50. Fingers crossed. :cheers: :grin:
My favourite day of the season is today mike! the mrs has been up there all week working so I go up today to have my day out at the races then we come back home together (she drives) :grin: i go up armed with my £100 to loose or make a fortune, i suspect it will be the former, so for what its worth this is what i will be wasting my money on today.

1.30 Goshen
2.10 Saint Roi
2.50 Monkfish
3.30 Lostintranslation
4.10 Billaway My tip of the day :shock:
4.50 Chosen Mate
5.30 Pileon

I will probably come home disappointed again as I do most years but its a great day out.
Have a great day mate and I hope you have some winners because you have 3 of the same selections as me! You have definitely done it the right way by having a budget, quite sensible that.

Not sure about lostintranslation. Has a chance of course but I like the look of Clan des Obeaux. I have done 7 singles, 1 double, 1 patent and even the itv 7. Gotta have a winner there surely :grin: