Re: Games On (Now its Not)

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Grass will not grow where their is no grass to start with.
Some areas of the pitch are now purely sand.
When the pitch was last laid we played away games first also to give the pitch more time.
The EFL are unlikely to accommodate that arrangement for us a second time round. Losing a month of this season has to be caught up at some time. This can only be done by extending this season throughout May. Next season, that month needs to be regained. Time could be recovered by suspending the EFL trophy for a season which would free up three midweek dates for all League One and Two clubs, and later midweeks when knockout rounds are scheduled.

Basically we all now clueless about the future.
We will certainly have a few Mystic Megs on here but at least it will give us all a bit of a laugh in these difficult times.

Heard just now stores are in panic mode with shoppers.
Just like Xmas on Friday 13th.

Keep smiling folks

UPTHEPORT wrote:I personally think they will draw a blank on this season this virus could go on for months
The virus won't go away, not until everyone has had it anyway and so has some immunity to reinfection. It's here to stay, absent it mutating to a less infectious/horrible form (of course, it could mutate the other way).

This will likely be like seasonal flu, and recur, and the more vulnerable of the population will require vaccination, when the vaccine is available at some point in 2021 (hopefully).

The only way to get rid of a virus is like what was done with smallpox, and vaccinate everyone and/or isolate until virus repositories are exhausted.

Spytty Retail Park was as busy as a Saturday today. People piling into shops and coming out with their own body weight in loo rolls and hunting down the last few bottles of hand sanitizer. As if that stuff will be much use anyway, nothing beats hot water and soap and a proper hand wash.

Pasta and rice shelves were empty in Asda, Lidl and Morrisons (yes, I went looking to buy one bag of pasta). Stores generally as empty as Tottenham Hotspur's trophy cabinet. I can feel a spring of rationing approaching, which won't do the greedy 'throw away' fast food culture we've got amongst us any harm to appreciate what choices the poor and starving face each day. I worry about food banks no being able to help hose most in need.

Contingency plans need now to be discussed.If the season does continue,the overrun will interfere with the relaying of the pitch.Could that work commence in May and the EFL let us play at Spytty to give the new Desso pitch time to settle or,refuse the use of Spytty and allow us,like last time, to play all games away early next season until pitch is ready.Worth asking that early I would say.

excessbee wrote:Time could be recovered by suspending the EFL trophy for a season which would free up three midweek dates for all League One and Two clubs, and later midweeks when knockout rounds are scheduled.
Or play it as a pre-season/end of season special - no groups just a pure knock-out (no Prem Academies)??

Crazy and scary decision made by some very uneducated people. This virus will be around for ever and we will all catch it at some point! Govt advisers were trying to build linear herd immunity with manageable admissions to hospital. Now we may have an unmanageable peak in cases like Italy. Well done! The hysterical stupids win again!