Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

Very eery and almost deserted round Caldicot this evening. Just took the hound for a walk, most of the streetlights turned off, some of the quieter pubs/clubs are shut while one or two are opening for presumably the last time for some weeks, yet hardly anyone's in them.

Even before this partial lock-down, I noticed Monmouthshire Council had sneakily turned off every other street light (government orders?) to create a dark, gloomy effect so folk stay at home.

My dog is getting used to walkies at irregular anti-social times when the parks and streets are empty, trouble is he's missing out on sniffing other mutts' backsides just because of a human gross mistake (covid-19).

Stay healthy everyone. See you in a few months time.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
NearlyDead wrote:There will be nothing sporty this side of September that the public can attend.

And that includes the Olympic Games, though I understand why they might want to wait another month before postponing it.
I think you're right, perhaps even later.

Just reinforces my point declare the season null and void and move on

For us gives us more time for pitch to be done and ready

Mr Figo wrote:We are in times that are both unprecedented and unpredictable for a whole generation. What I think it will do is make us all, both young and old in the future, really appreciate just being able to go and watch whatever team we follow. It really puts in perspective what we have and what could be lost.
Massive crowds when football resumes, like in 1946, but we'll all have to wear hats so we can throw them in the air.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
NearlyDead wrote:There will be nothing sporty this side of September that the public can attend.

And that includes the Olympic Games, though I understand why they might want to wait another month before postponing it.
I think you're right, perhaps even later.

Just reinforces my point declare the season null and void and move on

For us gives us more time for pitch to be done and ready

If we’re not looking at a start for next season , for example January as Brendan believes could be the case, then finish this season and void next season as it hasn’t even started.

I have a feeling that it will be done behind closed doors however.

Had this on WhatsApp makes common sense really

From a friend...
‘[A nursing friend] has said they’ve had a message today that virus seems to be spreading quickly via petrol pumps so they advise to wear gloves when filling up or use paper towel and bin straight away. Can you please pass this around anyone you know. Could make huge difference. There are no gloves/ paper towels left in service stations any more so keep a couple of spares in your car.’