County v Colchester Grandstand

Sorry , a bit late starting it

Starting line up

King Willmott, Howkins, Bennett, Demetriou,Haynes Gorman, Sheehan, Labadie Matt , Abrahams

subs...Khan , Dolan , Collins and Flynn

Depleted side due to Coronavirus

Nouble and Jackson start for Colchester

Pretty even game so far , both side have had one shot on target ,,,Still 0 - 0

Pitch an absolute joke , no grass on it at all as the WRU had contractors in during the week to take the top level off to relay the new pitch..
Poor crowd...maybe not even 1000...Marquee and Bar Amber shut before the game and after so Stan is selling cans from the back of a van registered in Ireland..I assume its him :wink:

Re: County v Colchester Grandstand

Coxy wrote:The ref was a total waste of time and
I'm a bit offended by that Coxy, seeing as I was the ref. I agreed to step in as official after the appointed ref, none other than Mr Trevor Kettle, tripped over Flynny's wallet which he'd accidentally dropped on the pitch.

I even awarded County a penalty, after one of the Colchester players coughed in my direction. Innis took it, back from suspension and having spent the last 2 weeks searching for the lost ball after his last penalty. Unfortunately this time the ball just sank into the muddy pitch and the penalty couldn't be taken.

The County players spent the match socially distancing themselves from each other, so when Robbie tried a one-two with Sheehan it didn't work because Josh backed off two yards. In fact the whole team looked a bit lethargic as if they were worried about catching a virus, everyone except King, of course, who can currently be relied on NOT to catch anything.

Gorman continued to scowl and fight people, just as he does in his 'day job' - playing the part of Gary Windass in Coronation Street.

The crowd all sat 4 seats apart from each other but tried to break into song when they could, singing appropriate songs to suit the current pandemic - songs like 'Don't stand so close to me' by The Police, 'Panic' by The Smith's and '(Newport is a) Ghost Town by The Specials.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Coxy wrote:The ref was a total waste of time and
I'm a bit offended by that Coxy, seeing as I was the ref. I agreed to step in as official after the appointed ref, none other than Mr Trevor Kettle, tripped over Flynny's wallet which he'd accidentally dropped on the pitch.

I even awarded County a penalty, after one of the Colchester players coughed in my direction. Innis took it, back from suspension and having spent the last 2 weeks searching for the lost ball after his last penalty. Unfortunately this time the ball just sank into the muddy pitch and the penalty couldn't be taken.

The County players spent the match socially distancing themselves from each other, so when Robbie tried a one-two with Sheehan it didn't work because Josh backed off two yards. In fact the whole team looked a bit lethargic as if they were worried about catching a virus, everyone except King, of course, who can currently be relied on NOT to catch anything.

Gorman continued to scowl and fight people, just as he does in his 'day job' - playing the part of Gary Windass in Coronation Street.

The crowd all sat 4 seats apart from each other but tried to break into song when they could, singing appropriate songs to suit the current pandemic - songs like 'Don't stand so close to me' by The Police, 'Panic' by The Smith's and '(Newport is a) Ghost Town by The Specials.
Praps i was being abit harsh on him erm you. Hadn' realised the late change in ref as i was queueing for loo roll at safeways and missed the first 10 mins. Wallace Brown on the Newport afc hotline was saying what a good game you had. Fair play. Up the Ironsides !

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Also, I heard an uncorroborated story that, because the Rodney Parade food bars were shut, Greggs were doing a delivery service during the game, delivering hot snacks by drone directly to fans in their seats.

As I say, I'm not sure how true this story is. It sounds a bit pie in the sky to me.
:cheers: :cheers: :lol: :lol: :grin:
That’s tickled me .......