Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

UPTHEPORT wrote:My Mrs works as a cleaner in a clothes distribution centre they are still making staff come into work unbelievable

Complain to your MP. Name and shame the company and tell the local press this.
As ALL non essential businesses are to shut they surely wont come into that category..I would tell her not to go in and fight it all the way through the courts if they tried to get rid of her.
Cant she self isolate ? They cant prove she has a headache , cough, temperature etc ????
I'm feeling 100% , as far as I know havent got any symptoms but was forced to self isolate because of the nature of the business I work in . All because my son had a temperature 5 days ago and we have to go on government advice and take every precaution to protect others....
She should get 80% of her wages paid

neilcork68 wrote:Really really angry.

Had to take the wife shopping today for essential food items. Whilst waiting for Aldi to open we were in the car park for 10 minutes or so..
4 Skip lorries
1 lorry delivering camper vans
2 lorries delivering bricks went past us..
What are these people doing ...Essential travel was the message given ???

Thats it done for me for a week ..Total lockdown
Neil if you're in self isolation even going shopping is a no no get a neighbour to do some shopping for you

UPTHEPORT wrote:

Had to take the wife shopping today for essential food items. Whilst waiting for Aldi to open we were in the car park for 10 minutes or so..
4 Skip lorries

Neil if you're in self isolation even going shopping is a no no get a neighbour to do some shopping for you
I had the full outfit on...mask , gloves, clean clothes ( that are now in the wash )...hand sanitised before and after and have even thrown the token away that I used for the trolley.
I didnt want to go but had no option as we had no milk , bread , other items we needed
Even though I am in isolation none of us in the family after almost a week are showing any symptoms . just my boss being over cautious because of the safety of the elderly I deliver to, which is understandable

4 Skip lorries

Probably going to the construction sites our so-called prime minister has refused to shut down.