Free Tickets for NHS Workers

I’ve read in the Daily Telegraph that some clubs are aiming to give out free tickets to NHS staff as a thank you, as and when the virus is over and football restarts.
I hope Newport County does the same.
This would be a great show of appreciation to these front line workers.
To any NHS staff and volunteers reading keep up the outstanding great work you are doing.

Re: Free Tickets for NHS Workers

Fu Ming wrote:I’ve read in the Daily Telegraph that some clubs are aiming to give out free tickets to NHS staff as a thank you, as and when the virus is over and football restarts.
To any NHS staff and volunteers reading keep up the outstanding great work you are doing.
I do understand the sentiment.

Far better in my view that we start properly taxing the well paid so that NHS and other vital workers are paid properly. Then those people don't need this charity.

Train drivers on SWR will soon be earning £67,000 per anuum, trade union power yet again prevail, they supported strikes to attain this package. Where's the justice is the unrealistic salary/increase, I would give health workers anything they want I see it first hand the pressures they're under.

Fu Ming wrote:I’ve read in the Daily Telegraph that some clubs are aiming to give out free tickets to NHS staff as a thank you, as and when the virus is over and football restarts.

Whilst I agree 100% with this what about ALL the other people who are in the front line putting their health and lives on the line because of this damm virus ?
supermarket workers , Police , Fire ,Army , Pharmacy staff/drivers, Delivery drivers delivering to hospitals , pharmacies , supermarkets, nursing homes, and even to everyones door with food deliveries etc.

I realise the list could go on and they may not be seen as important as the NHS but they too are equally as important to a certain degree to allow the country to carry on

I hope you are right and the County do that. One thing though, I just hope they remember the exiles and it doesn’t just apply to Aneurin Bevan NHS staff. That would be unfortunate.

It would also be good if it applied to other frontline services, Police, Armed Forces, Pharmacies, supermarket workers etc.

ajs wrote:Train drivers on SWR will soon be earning £67,000 per anuum, trade union power yet again prevail, they supported strikes to attain this package. Where's the justice is the unrealistic salary/increase, I would give health workers anything they want I see it first hand the pressures they're under.

Nothing wrong with the Trade unions they should be looking after its members

frostyjohn wrote:Rodney Parade now used as virus testing station by Health Board - for NHS staff initially.
Would like some further clarity as to who this applies to. I am eligible to work as a health care support worker however I am 99% sure that I contracted covid whilst on a recent medical placement. Right now I really want to help out but cannot risk picking up shifts as I have not been tested.

moetthepoet wrote:
frostyjohn wrote:Rodney Parade now used as virus testing station by Health Board - for NHS staff initially.
Would like some further clarity as to who this applies to. I am eligible to work as a health care support worker however I am 99% sure that I contracted covid whilst on a recent medical placement. Right now I really want to help out but cannot risk picking up shifts as I have not been tested.
The way i have interpreted this as i work in the Gwent is, if you portrayed symptoms in relation to Covid-19 you can ring Occupation Health, who will then advise you on the next stage.
We have been told (obviously) that you need to self-isolate at the slightest symptom.
Then Occy Health will book you an appointment at RP who will then swab and let you know asap. That way then you can get back to frontlining quicker than just staying off work waiting for symptoms to worsen/get better

lukerobins wrote:
moetthepoet wrote:
The way i have interpreted this as i work in the Gwent is, if you portrayed symptoms in relation to Covid-19 you can ring Occupation Health, who will then advise you on the next stage.
We have been told (obviously) that you need to self-isolate at the slightest symptom.
Then Occy Health will book you an appointment at RP who will then swab and let you know asap. That way then you can get back to frontlining quicker than just staying off work waiting for symptoms to worsen/get better
Thanks for the advice Luke, I'll give occy health a call as I am now past the isolation period and symptom free.