Re: When footy resumes

JonD wrote:Hopefully there aren't too many lightweights like me among the County "faithful" but football is sort of dead to me for the foreseeable future.

Admittedly we can't really see very far Into that future, and the messages coming from Downing Street suggest they're winging it as much as the rest of us.

I've never enjoyed watching County on telly. I've not seen a moment of EPL this season. That football league show Is simply too exhausting as it tries to cram a million goals and a load of inane punditry into 55 minutes. I've a pile of unopened football magazines sat here stretching back years. It's as though I've simply gone off football.

Prior to this health crisis my mate had to more or less haul me into the car to go to games. I think maybe this break will eventually rekindle some interest, though I'm not super-hopeful.
Hang in there JonD. Any man that can hang around for over 25 minutes giving instructions via phone to a lunatic he had never met on how to find him to go to a game of football 200 miles away can hardly be described as a lightweight. :grin:

One of the league ideas to be discussed in these meetings, is asking players 'to turn away from another player at the point of tackling them'.

I kid you not. So, hypothetically, if Stan is an opponent with the ball at his nimble Irish feet, and I am a clumsy English opponent looking to tackle Stan, I must turn my head away at the point when I try to tackle him. So, presumably I don't give Stan the virus if I've got it but I could possibly give him a broken leg through a mistimed tackle because I wasn't looking.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:One of the league ideas to be discussed in these meetings, is asking players 'to turn away from another player at the point of tackling them'.

I kid you not. So, hypothetically, if Stan is an opponent with the ball at his nimble Irish feet, and I am a clumsy English opponent looking to tackle Stan, I must turn my head away at the point when I try to tackle him. So, presumably I don't give Stan the virus if I've got it but I could possibly give him a broken leg through a mistimed tackle because I wasn't looking.
That has to be a joke! You will end up with more broken legs! But hey we won't have corona virus :roll:

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:One of the league ideas to be discussed in these meetings, is asking players 'to turn away from another player at the point of tackling them'.

Even in long past youth I was so nimble you could time me with a calendar. :grin:

Just my opinion, I don't think football will start again before Christmas.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Even in long past youth I was so nimble you could time me with a calendar. :grin:

Just my opinion, I don't think football will start again before Christmas.
Which Christmas did you have in mind?
Frankly, I think no-one knows or can even predict the way foreward in popular sports. Things have drastically changed ..No quick fix with the WHO positing the Virus could well be here to stay