It's our club

I keep reading it's our club, Newport County is fans owned tell us this and that board we own it.

If this is your attitude I've got one question for you, other then match day revenue ticket, program, 50/50 draw, how much do you regularly give to the club other than buying a share or two when needed.
Ownership is more than buying shares it's about continually giving to the club to move it forward, if you only bought a share to pay off lotto les you don't deserve to know the in's and outs of the club, try signing up to the trusts membership and voicing any criticism in agm's or even better stand for one of the boards.

Re: It's our club

Trigger wrote:Sorry Totally disagree with this attitude. Anyone buying match tickets, programs, 50/50 and a share or two is equally as important as anyone else in my opinion.
Quite. It's a football club, not a cult. I have a direct debit to the Trust, some years I buy a season ticket if income allows, and I'll chip in for other things from time to time as well - but it's no more "my" club than it is the person who comes twice a season when we have big cup games, or the person on the Board who volunteers for 30+ hours a week. We're all one County family, and we all give what we can with the resources (time, money, expertise) we have available.

One-upmanship does no-one any good.

Well I too am embarrassed by the first two posters

I'd like to apologise for sending my small standing order as it's not much

I'm sorry I've supported The Port since 1968

I shall ask our GREAT LEADER how I can improve my life and fulfill the requirements to be a true County fan

:shock:

I think the first post makes a very good point. It is not one upmanship or belittling anybody. It is a very valid point that just because you go to a game / contribute to the trust does not give you a right to be told about everything that goes on.
In the the UK we have Public Owned Companies - PLC’s same principle owned by many but directed by a few voted for directors.
The method to be aware and involved in any decision is to get involved, get support and get voted onto the Board. That is how you will change and make a real difference.
If not challenge to those who stand up is fine but constant criticism is wrong and just think for those who may not like our Board if they resigned on mass we would probably have no club.

utc1985 wrote:I keep reading it's our club, Newport County is fans owned tell us this and that board we own it.

If this is your attitude I've got one question for you, other then match day revenue ticket, program, 50/50 draw, how much do you regularly give to the club other than buying a share or two when needed.
Ownership is more than buying shares it's about continually giving to the club to move it forward, if you only bought a share to pay off lotto les you don't deserve to know the in's and outs of the club, try signing up to the trusts membership and voicing any criticism in agm's or even better stand for one of the boards.
Total Tosh.

Bang out of order thinking it was our club.

Apologies, its just a jolly for a few lads who had the bottle to stand for election.

Anybody who didn't fancy that has no say in the club.

Best laugh of the day.

County ranger wrote:I think the first post makes a very good point. It is not one upmanship or belittling anybody. It is a very valid point that just because you go to a game / contribute to the trust does not give you a right to be told about everything that goes on.
In the the UK we have Public Owned Companies - PLC’s same principle owned by many but directed by a few voted for directors.
The method to be aware and involved in any decision is to get involved, get support and get voted onto the Board. That is how you will change and make a real difference.
If not challenge to those who stand up is fine but constant criticism is wrong and just think for those who may not like our Board if they resigned on mass we would probably have no club.
Too right if you will not put yourself up for election you have no right to an opinion. :roll:
Resigned en masse. Second laugh today that's never ever going to happen.

Everyone supports the club in their own way -to some it is their life and to others like me I support where I can. I bought shares and
buy match tickets when I can go, buying bits and pieces from the shop for my lad and sometimes me and buying 50/50 tickets at the game. Not sure the point on what the first two posters are saying - what qualifies you as "supporting the club"???? Besides some of us were following the club before at least one of the posters was even interested in County.

Forgot to mention that you do not need to be elected to be on the board.
Just get co opted on by a pal and unless somebody tells me different you never ever need to seek re election.
That's 2 of the current board totally un elected.

All good fun and the weather breaks tomorrow.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Forgot to mention that you do not need to be elected to be on the board.
Just get co opted on by a pal and unless somebody tells me different you never ever need to seek re election.

It's already broken here!!!

Seriously though who the f@ck do these people think they are, telling us what qualifies as a proper supporter?

I have been watching and suffering for well over 50 years. If any young supporter who saw his or her first game wants to voice an opinion they have just as much right as me so to do.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Forgot to mention that you do not need to be elected to be on the board.

Arent those co-opted to the club board, not the Trust board?

whoareya wrote:

Arent those co-opted to the club board, not the Trust board?
Club Board is I believe the main most important part of the clubs running.
Just stating a fact that chaps can run "our club" without ever asking the membership.
Will never need to seek election.
Assume nothing to stop more mates being asked to join the table also.