Available players

Now we know what we knew ages ago the season is done and we look forward to next season which means new signings and movement around the club.
I know the finances at every club are unsure atm and we are not sure what is happening but what players would you bring in and which players would you release? For me I’d release
Leadbitter azzez polen and Whitley

I’d bring in if possible Otis Khan Pearce Ryan Jackson and a experienced striker I would have nouble back but doubt that would happen

Re: Available players

Need to cut our cloth accordingly. I'd expect us to release Jamma - sadly, he's had one outstanding season and a second season where despite his hard work defenders had him sussed. If finances allow, I'd offer Benno a contract on reduced terms until Jan2021 only -again, he deserves much, much more after his consistently good performances, but I think the market finances won't allow 30-plus journeymen to expect more.

I'd offer Townsend another year on same or slightly less money.

I'd expect to see us making more focused moves into the loan market, maybe getting Semenyo back for a season, plus scouring the non-league circuit for a young, high-scoring striker who we can gamble on. We also need to bring through the academy kids wherever possible as this is the only way forward for clubs of our size with little or no income. Our coaching and background staff need to earn their money now, bringing through the youth and properly scouting cheap new talent rather than relying on murky deals with agents.

I'd be looking at MF and WH's contracts also to see if either will accept less basic wages with enhanced bonuses for success. If not, one of them needs to go with one of the senior players e.g. Podge, OB or Micky or maybe even Fraser Frank's helping with coaching.

A year ago the above thoughts would have sounded crazy but I think times have now changed permanently, whether that means salary caps or limited income from fans.

Up the Port 20 wrote:Now we know what we knew ages ago the season is done and we look forward to next season which means new signings and movement around the club.
I know the finances at every club are unsure atm and we are not sure what is happening but what players would you bring in and which players would you release? For me I’d release
Leadbitter azzez polen and Whitley

I’d bring in if possible Otis Khan Pearce Ryan Jackson and a experienced striker I would have nouble back but doubt that would happen
Poleon is the only one out of contract,the other three would have to be paid off,not impossible but expensive to get rid of all of them.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Need to cut our cloth accordingly. I'd expect us to release Jamma - sadly, he's had one outstanding season and a second season where despite his hard work defenders had him sussed. If finances allow, I'd offer Benno a contract on reduced terms until Jan2021 only -again, he deserves much, much more after his consistently good performances, but I think the market finances won't allow 30-plus journeymen to expect more.

I'd offer Townsend another year on same or slightly less money.

I'd expect to see us making more focused moves into the loan market, maybe getting Semenyo back for a season, plus scouring the non-league circuit for a young, high-scoring striker who we can gamble on. We also need to bring through the academy kids wherever possible as this is the only way forward for clubs of our size with little or no income. Our coaching and background staff need to earn their money now, bringing through the youth and properly scouting cheap new talent rather than relying on murky deals with agents.

I'd be looking at MF and WH's contracts also to see if either will accept less basic wages with enhanced bonuses for success. If not, one of them needs to go with one of the senior players e.g. Podge, OB or Micky or maybe even Fraser Frank's helping with coaching.

A year ago the above thoughts would have sounded crazy but I think times have now changed permanently, whether that means salary caps or limited income from fans.

Bennett isn’t even 30 yet

Bennett isn’t even 30 yet[/quote]

OK, but my sentiment is the same. As unfair as it sounds, I'm not sure we can afford to offer new contracts to our experienced players and will need to rely on cheaper youth and loanees.

Tranmere made half of their backroom staff redundant yesterday following their confirmed relegation so times are tough across the board.

There's every chance the leagues will need to pay a rebate to the TV companies if the EFL play-offs can't go ahead - something which is a realistic fallout once teams participating can't field a side due to players testing positive for covid-19. Portsmouth lost both their senior keepers yesterday who now have to self-isolate, much more of this and the play-offs will be postponed. And don't forget, it's the other teams like County who are relying on the play-offs to go ahead otherwise we'll be facing a share of the TV deal repayments.

I would renew the contracts of Benno, Jammer and Townsend (all 12 month deals or even short term deals) and listen to offers for Azeez, Whitely, Ekpiteta and maybe even Danny Leadbitter. I would release Poleon as his contract is up. Foulston seems to have had a good season out on loan to Chippenham so I would include him in the first team for next season.

Bangitinthenet wrote:I would renew the contracts of Benno, Jammer and Townsend (all 12 month deals or even short term deals) and listen to offers for Azeez, Whitely, Ekpiteta and maybe even Danny Leadbitter. I would release Poleon as his contract is up. Foulston seems to have had a good season out on loan to Chippenham so I would include him in the first team for next season.
Serious question ...... what offers do you think we will get for all those listed ?

Bangitinthenet wrote:I would renew the contracts of Benno, Jammer and Townsend (all 12 month deals or even short term deals) and listen to offers for Azeez, Whitely, Ekpiteta and maybe even Danny Leadbitter. I would release Poleon as his contract is up. Foulston seems to have had a good season out on loan to Chippenham so I would include him in the first team for next season.
Have a listen to the Andy Sandell I/V the standard at Chippenham is very low. I thought Azeez was out of contract certainly wiki suggests contract to end of 19/20 season.