Re: Available players

Exile 1976 wrote:Mark Byrne released by Gillingham ..there’s an ex player I’d absolutely love to see in a County shirt again
Would have to be Top of the Bucket list for us.
Imagine what he would of been like for us when all around him were crap he was still outstanding.

County ranger wrote:
Bangitinthenet wrote:I would renew the contracts of Benno, Jammer and Townsend (all 12 month deals or even short term deals) and listen to offers for Azeez, Whitely, Ekpiteta and maybe even Danny Leadbitter. I would release Poleon as his contract is up. Foulston seems to have had a good season out on loan to Chippenham so I would include him in the first team for next season.
Have a listen to the Andy Sandell I/V the standard at Chippenham is very low. I thought Azeez was out of contract certainly wiki suggests contract to end of 19/20 season.
Nope

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Bangitinthenet wrote:I would renew the contracts of Benno, Jammer and Townsend (all 12 month deals or even short term deals) and listen to offers for Azeez, Whitely, Ekpiteta and maybe even Danny Leadbitter. I would release Poleon as his contract is up. Foulston seems to have had a good season out on loan to Chippenham so I would include him in the first team for next season.
Serious question ...... what offers do you think we will get for all those listed ?
Likewise.

Haven't stopped laughing.

"I would release Poleon as his contract is up"

Think we will have to pay some sucker to take the rest albeit seen far worse than Whitely in County boots.

Seriously Flynny has had a total mare with his signings in general.

Wonder if it will ever change?

Basically clueless sorry to say.

County ranger wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:Semenyo was at Sunderland .... as much as I’d like you to be right, can’t see it happening.
I agree the ship that was Semenyo in L2 has long since sailed.
Semenyo has barely got a look-in at Sunderland and their grumpy fans don't rate him. He'll be back at Brizzle City now they have some games to play and Sunderland's season is over. I wouldn't bet a lot of £ on it but I'm reasonably sure we'll see Semenyo back at County.

As for signing new players or offering existing ones a new contract. It ain't gonna happen for some weeks at least. In mathematical terms, County receive about £70K from the league for finishing where they did and about £250K in TV money. That's it, that's our income until paying fans start buying tickets. That sum won't even last until November.

Costs must be cut which means trading expensive players and staff for cheaper ones. The quickest way to do that if you don't have any players to sell who would command a transfer fee (I can only think of 1 player who might fit into that category) is sadly to release those out of contract. Times are getting tougher guys, the 92 clubs could well be 70 before too long.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Serious question ...... what offers do you think we will get for all those listed ?
Likewise.

Think we will have to pay some sucker to take the rest albeit seen far worse than Whitely in County boots.

I don't see what the funny thing about it is. I wouldn't offer Poleon another deal because he isn't good enough.

Leadbitter can't keep fit, so we need to either offload him to another side permanently, release him (which would cost us quite a bit to pay him off) or loan him out. We should never have signed him anyway because he hasn't been playing consistently for years. Azeez is contracted for one more year. I don't rate him. Perhaps Torquay would take him back permanently if we could come to an agreement. I do agree with you though Frank, Whitely definitely isn't a bad player. He just needed to adjust to this level.

County ranger wrote:
Have a listen to the Andy Sandell I/V the standard at Chippenham is very low. I thought Azeez was out of contract certainly wiki suggests contract to end of 19/20 season.
Yes it is a big jump but in these times we need to develop our youth. I would take Dom Jefferies back, he looked very good when playing for us.

Flynny has signed a large amount of duffers in the last 18 months,this is worrying,is it connected with this rediculous Elite Management deal where we have to sign x amount of their players.If so,we have to take the best of a bad bunch or,Flynny has no idea and just listens to agents and signs players without ever seeing them play.Eitherway this has to change,the list of poor signings on two year contracts is bad for the club with very little chance of off loading them unless we take a hit.

Percy plunkett wrote:Flynny has signed a large amount of duffers in the last 18 months,this is worrying,is it connected with this rediculous Elite Management deal where we have to sign x amount of their players.If so,we have to take the best of a bad bunch or,Flynny has no idea and just listens to agents and signs players without ever seeing them play.Eitherway this has to change,the list of poor signings on two year contracts is bad for the club with very little chance of off loading them unless we take a hit.
I agree. Not one of those new players signed on two year deals last summer has been decent. I still think there would be non league teams that would take them from us, but obviously wouldn't be able to offer a lot if not any money. It would free up the wage bill for us though.

As regards Whitely,he was signed as a striker but has never played in that position.He has been out wide or CM,he is no midfielder and was shoved there because we were one midfielder short to start with and then Maloney wasn't good enough so Whitely got the short straw.He still has some way to go to be a EFL standard but,I have seen much worse than him.If he stays,why not play him as a striker or wide to give the fella a chance.

Bangitinthenet wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Likewise.

I don't see what the funny thing about it is. I wouldn't offer Poleon another deal because he isn't good enough.

Leadbitter can't keep fit, so we need to either offload him to another side permanently, release him (which would cost us quite a bit to pay him off) or loan him out. We should never have signed him anyway because he hasn't been playing consistently for years. Azeez is contracted for one more year. I don't rate him. Perhaps Torquay would take him back permanently if we could come to an agreement. I do agree with you though Frank, Whitely definitely isn't a bad player. He just needed to adjust to this level.
Now you have got me laughing again.

You clearly have got the wrong end of the stick there.

I would suggest we double his salary for another season. :lol: :lol:

Without a doubt imo never league standard or even Nationwide.

Flynny got hooked line and sinker by Crawley.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Bangitinthenet wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Likewise.

Did he ? As you seem to know so much about everything how much were we paying Poleon ? Contract was terminated early by Crawley so they would still be paying an element of his wages until end of 19/20 and we loaned him out to Dover who would be chipping in too. Anyone can see he isn’t very good, a squad player at best. Probably worth a gamble to bolster the squad for 3-4 months.

faerun exile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Bangitinthenet wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Likewise.

Did he ? As you seem to know so much about everything how much were we paying Poleon ? Contract was terminated early by Crawley so they would still be paying an element of his wages until end of 19/20 and we loaned him out to Dover who would be chipping in too. Anyone can see he isn’t very good, a squad player at best. Probably worth a gamble to bolster the squad for 3-4 months.
Chill sunshine as can see mist coming off top of your head. :lol:

Fella was hopeless.

Whatever we paid or are still paying until contract ends didn't give us anything in return.
like I said Flynny got hooked line and sinker.

Crawley paid Poleon off,we then offered him a deal until June 30.We should have asked Crawley to loan him to us until January 3,if we had,it would have been obvious that he wasn’t good enough and sent him back.As it was,we were able to offload him to Dover to save some of his wages,Crawley wanting to get rid should have started alarm bells.Azzez wasn’t wanted at Cambridge,we should have just took him on loan to the end of the season to have a look.Instead we gave him a two and a half year contract because his agent told Flynny that he was Championship standard and loads of clubs are after him.We also paid a fee for him as well to get the deal over the line,if all these clubs wanted Azeez then surely there is a queue of teams clamouring to buy him off us.I won’t hold my breath on that.