Re: Available players

Percy plunkett wrote:Crawley paid Poleon off,we then offered him a deal until June 30.We should have asked Crawley to loan him to us until January 3,if we had,it would have been obvious that he wasn’t good enough and sent him back.As it was,we were able to offload him to Dover to save some of his wages,Crawley wanting to get rid should have started alarm bells.Azzez wasn’t wanted at Cambridge,we should have just took him on loan to the end of the season to have a look.Instead we gave him a two and a half year contract because his agent told Flynny that he was Championship standard and loads of clubs are after him.We also paid a fee for him as well to get the deal over the line,if all these clubs wanted Azeez then surely there is a queue of teams clamouring to buy him off us.I won’t hold my breath on that.
What's that line again? If you want to know what's really going on, follow the money.

Bangitinthenet wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Flynny has signed a large amount of duffers in the last 18 months,this is worrying,is it connected with this rediculous Elite Management deal where we have to sign x amount of their players.If so,we have to take the best of a bad bunch or,Flynny has no idea and just listens to agents and signs players without ever seeing them play.Eitherway this has to change,the list of poor signings on two year contracts is bad for the club with very little chance of off loading them unless we take a hit.
I agree. Not one of those new players signed on two year deals last summer has been decent. I still think there would be non league teams that would take them from us, but obviously wouldn't be able to offer a lot if not any money. It would free up the wage bill for us though.
It maybe the two year contracts were a trade off to sign potential at affordable rates Abrahams, Whitely hasn’t paid off but we would have never known possibly if only one deals were offered and the club would have been criticised for no signings. The two year deals may also have been a reaction to the issue of Day and Butler leaving out of contract for £nil.

George Street-Bridge wrote:I have no idea about Williams, but the notion of affordability is bound to change radically. More players will have to take what they can get.
I guess breaking his leg back in August then the season finishing early hasn't helped him get games this season.

halfmoon wrote:Ben Kennedy released by Stevenage. Anyone fancy him back? I do

I doubt we’d be able to afford him, but I’d love George Williams, released by FGR
Kennedy was ok,nothing more although he did get played out of position on the right instead of CM some of the time.As for Williams,at 17 he was the new Giggs but injuries have blighted his career.Can't imagine FGR would get rid if he was fit,only played 40+ games in two years probably explains his release.

County ranger wrote:
Bangitinthenet wrote:I would renew the contracts of Benno, Jammer and Townsend (all 12 month deals or even short term deals) and listen to offers for Azeez, Whitely, Ekpiteta and maybe even Danny Leadbitter. I would release Poleon as his contract is up. Foulston seems to have had a good season out on loan to Chippenham so I would include him in the first team for next season.
Have a listen to the Andy Sandell I/V the standard at Chippenham is very low. I thought Azeez was out of contract certainly wiki suggests contract to end of 19/20 season.
Looking online, Azeez 2 year deal expires around the end of January 2021

Triangle wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Bangitinthenet wrote:I would renew the contracts of Benno, Jammer and Townsend (all 12 month deals or even short term deals) and listen to offers for Azeez, Whitely, Ekpiteta and maybe even Danny Leadbitter. I would release Poleon as his contract is up. Foulston seems to have had a good season out on loan to Chippenham so I would include him in the first team for next season.
Have a listen to the Andy Sandell I/V the standard at Chippenham is very low. I thought Azeez was out of contract certainly wiki suggests contract to end of 19/20 season.
Looking online, Azeez 2 year deal expires around the end of January 2021
Azeez is on a 2 and half year deal.
Powers to be were told he was Championship material.