Re: First stadium meeting.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
County ranger wrote:Should there not be minutes published and full disclosure on what the disagreement was about. Surely Stan this is what you endlessly preach about others
Agenda for next meeting
List of attendees
Minutes are as follows:

Attendance: Brendan, Joe, Mike, David

We discussed possible ways of connecting with the club and supporters to look into the feasibility of a trust fund to purchase/develop our own stadium to provide the club with 'football with a future'.

Agenda for next meeting will be issued shortly.
Mr Figo said there was five at the meeting.
One apology

I am genuinely amazed at how many people are voicing an interest in this and how incredibly enthusiastic everyone is.

So to anyone who I have ever upset my apologies. If I took a blind bit of notice of anyone who ever insulted me I would happily forgive.

Seriously, we do have a chance to develop a stadium fit for purpose here. Please, whatever your opinions, your input is welcome. I urge you all to consider joining this movement.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:No,just interested.Who isJoe,Mike and David.Is Mr Figo one of these or is he the fifth.
Fair enough Percy.
Bit difficult to do minutes attending as things hopefully get important, do the contributors use User Names or real names.
If it takes off everybody will need to use genuine correct names?
I'm Mike - Percy PM me and I'll add you to the now rapidly expanding group!

Re: Stadium Fund Discussions

bignbeefy wrote:Thought this was an interesting article from Grimsby. A club quite aligned to us in terms of size and catchment etc. They clealry have plans a bit more advanced of this fledgling conversation.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/spor ... ovLh7nJDD4

Beefy
Quite a few interesting points from this, if they are 100% true.
1. Supporters have raised £65,000.
2. The Council are behind the regeneration of Grimsby with a £50 million grant.
3. A site has been identified as a possible location for a new stadium.

Points that are not clear.
1. If the £65k is specifically for a new stadium.
2. If the club have this £65k to do with as they please.
3. How much of the £50 million has been allocated to the new stadium and it's surrounding infrastructure.
4. Without knowing Grimsby/Cleethorpes, whether the proposed stadium location is in an outer or inner town location and the surrounding area has sufficient facilities for the fan base and away support.

Re: Stadium Fund Discussions

George Street-Bridge wrote:I may have missed this detail, but do Grimsby own their own ground which could fund a slice of the new one?

Any new site is likely to be closer to the fan base as the old one is right by the sea to the north and east.
There is a consortium that have been trying to take over at Grimsby for a few years now. This seems to be a bit of PR for their latest plans.