Whistle-blowers

Reading some of the comments in reference to Bennett seemingly being wanted by MF but if sources are correct? our egotistical chairman who, by the way, has no real footballing knowledge nor has he any real idea what players would strengthen our squad for season 20/21 (whenever that may be) yet again decides to take a "footballing" decision out of the managers hands?
Yes we all know that this coming season is going to be the most difficult that many football clubs will ever face in terms of survival and the board will have huge decisions & responsibility for the club's future!
However it seems that one man is making these vital decisions and not the board in consultation with the manager?
If anyone wants to challenge that opinion think back to the Anthony Redwood fiasco where it is quite clearly documented in several emails that one individual instructed Redwood to make a payment of 4k towards Flynnys Pro Licence. When that member of staff said that he needs to get clearance from the whole board including Jon Bowkett it was this incident which sent our club down the line of having to pay yet another member of staff compensation for unfair dismissal!!
Even on the advice from the club's solicitor one man insisted on getting Anthony Redwood out of the club and ignoring the advice from others who continue to fail to stand up to him and allow his ego to take over on all these vital decisions?
There was also issues with one man starting to get involved with agents fees when they had already been negotiated by someone who was experienced in these dealings but by speaking out was finding his position being undermined? and let us not forget that each case of unfair dismissal which our club has been involved in over the last few years have all been lost and money being paid out which perhaps could have been avoided if the whole board had a say in the matters?
Perhaps it's time where we the fans need to know exactly what goes on and reminding the board that they should make sure that one person isn't making all the decisions without it being thought through as a board!

Re: Whistle-blowers

There's a contradiction here in people saying we should have been better prepared for an event which no government in the world foresaw and at the same time criticising the non-renewal of contracts.

For me that's just exercising the very foresight the club's critics say it lacks - regardless of what any player might have contributed under the old way of doing things which has gone up in smoke. .

Think it's time that people get real. In his first paragraph, Pitcher refers to strengthening the squad. Our squad will not be strengthened. Ours, and most others in League 2, will be smaller and less talented than at any time since we came back into the league.
The key to all this is the salary cap. If implemented the playing field will be levelled (yes, even our playing field) and all teams will have the same constraints. It's hindsight I know but I hope the plethora of two year contracts, undoubtedly at higher wages, will not come back to haunt us, if indeed it is not haunting our board already.

owlsabout wrote:till we get a PROPER CEO at the club and one that can do the job without interference from our dictator of a director. Then the club is always going to keep losing thousands .
As far as I aware we have had two CEO’s since the trust took over. One went on to take Notts County out of the league , the other took Stevenage out.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
owlsabout wrote:till we get a PROPER CEO at the club and one that can do the job without interference from our dictator of a director. Then the club is always going to keep losing thousands .
As far as I aware we have had two CEO’s since the trust took over. One went on to take Notts County out of the league , the other took Stevenage out.
Owls did state

"PROPER"

2 since the trust took over is just plain irresponsible.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
Owls did state

"PROPER"

2 since the trust took over is just plain irresponsible.
He did, he also highlighted Exeter as an example of how to ask their supporters for £40k , without realising they had made £7.5m over a five year period.

They were both "PROPER" one came with a good record from Plymouth and I think on Sheridan's recommendation, the other had done a good job previously at Stevenage.

We appoint Ceo's and that's wrong, we don't and that's wrong.

How about instead of bickering and bringing up old news let's come up with some new ideas that can increase revenue.

Nice to see the stadium debate going on and an effort to get sponsorship monies in, any other ideas because we're going to need them.

Pitcher15 wrote:Reading some of the comments in reference to Bennett seemingly being wanted by MF but if sources are correct? our egotistical chairman who, by the way, has no real footballing knowledge nor has he any real idea what players would strengthen our squad for season 20/21 (whenever that may be) yet again decides to take a "footballing" decision out of the managers hands?
Yes we all know that this coming season is going to be the most difficult that many football clubs will ever face in terms of survival and the board will have huge decisions & responsibility for the club's future!
However it seems that one man is making these vital decisions and not the board in consultation with the manager?
If anyone wants to challenge that opinion think back to the Anthony Redwood fiasco where it is quite clearly documented in several emails that one individual instructed Redwood to make a payment of 4k towards Flynnys Pro Licence. When that member of staff said that he needs to get clearance from the whole board including Jon Bowkett it was this incident which sent our club down the line of having to pay yet another member of staff compensation for unfair dismissal!!
Even on the advice from the club's solicitor one man insisted on getting Anthony Redwood out of the club and ignoring the advice from others who continue to fail to stand up to him and allow his ego to take over on all these vital decisions?
There was also issues with one man starting to get involved with agents fees when they had already been negotiated by someone who was experienced in these dealings but by speaking out was finding his position being undermined? and let us not forget that each case of unfair dismissal which our club has been involved in over the last few years have all been lost and money being paid out which perhaps could have been avoided if the whole board had a say in the matters?
Perhaps it's time where we the fans need to know exactly what goes on and reminding the board that they should make sure that one person isn't making all the decisions without it being thought through as a board!
You make some strong claims there. Quick questions. How do you know what you claim? Do you or did you work in an official capacity within the club? Genuinely interested because you seem to know quite a bit.

supporter wrote:Pembs, firstly hope you're keeping safe.

This is such old news that you have to question Pitchers motives. Fair question though Pembs we await the answer.
Hi Andrew, fine thanks, very busy, but fine. Hope things are OK with you.

This is one of the disadvantages with being an exile unfortunately. Can’t keep up with all the news. Also why I find this mb a great source of fan based news.

I’m sure Pitcher will respond. I’m looking forward to it. He has a lot of info’ on board there.

Yeah all good with me Pembs crazy times so much for meeting up again later in the season for another pint, ah well we'll get together with Frank, sometime in the future no doubt.

Stay safe and likewise looking forward to Pitchers the font of all knowledges response.