Re: France to allow up to 5,000 fans to watch sport in stadi

Australian rugby league has started admitting a few people in executive boxes and in a couple of weeks will go over to allowing up to 25 per cent capacity. To date they have been using a small number of stadiums with a capacity below 40,000, plus Brisbane at 52,000.

I have a cardboard cutout in my South Sydney shirt, which based on where they are playing with the Olympic Stadium closed must have a seat at Parramatta! 8)

Alan G Bryant wrote:Chris Whitty has said that the virus is here until spring 2021 at least which will make it hard for lower league football to survive. Maybe a reduced capacity , no away fans and no hospitality could allow crowds of 2,500.
Chris Whitty is a typical dour scientist who constantly reminds us of the negatives yet none of the positives. An Italian professor is stating that he believes the virus is losing it’s potency, let’s hope he is right or that Oxford University get to launch their vaccine in September as expected. The latter success could give rise to an October/November admission for supporters.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:Chris Whitty has said that the virus is here until spring 2021 at least which will make it hard for lower league football to survive. Maybe a reduced capacity , no away fans and no hospitality could allow crowds of 2,500.
Chris Whitty is a typical dour scientist who constantly reminds us of the negatives yet none of the positives. An Italian professor is stating that he believes the virus is losing it’s potency, let’s hope he is right or that Oxford University get to launch their vaccine in September as expected. The latter success could give rise to an October/November admission for supporters.
Yes I read that but then there are other scientists disagreeing with him and saying it has not lost any potency.
The truth is we do not know what will happen and that is why the club are correct to be cautious.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Yes I read that but then there are other scientists disagreeing with him and saying it has not lost any potency.
The truth is we do not know what will happen and that is why the club are correct to be cautious.
I don't disagree with that. It is unfortunate that I little more caution was not shown when Michael Flynn was given an enormous pay rise or when 2 year contracts were throw around like confetti at a wedding.

Alan G Bryant wrote:I have no idea of what Flynns pay rise is , but if he has he has more than earned it.

In business you need people to make a decision. It might be the right decision or it might be the wrong decision but you have to respect the person/s that have the courage to make that decision.
Point 1 - Of course you do.

Forget Flynny here but you say respect people in business who make the wrong decisions.

Is this a wind up.

Pirates wrote:Alan g Bryant—-not sure what business you have been in where people respect wrong decisions .
I ain’t been in one yet where it is ok to make a wrong decision and the owners think it was courageous bad one .
Same with Flynn , bad decisions in my book are not acceptable and he needs help with his decision making process . Not sure that the help he had from Lennie was any good either .
Back in the 90's I worked for an American Company who's 2 main motivational posters were "XYZ Managers Are Risk Takers" and "Seek Forgiveness, Not Permission". They had a business model where all central costs were pushed out to the accounts and the account manager was king and tasked with making a profit for his account on the basis that if every account made a profit, when you added up all the profits, the company made a profit. All salaries were confidential and to divulge your salary was a sackable offence, we had the best working morale I have ever known.

I'm not sure the same would work at a professional football club.

[quote="Alan G Bryant"]I have no idea of what Flynns pay rise is , but if he has he has more than earned it.

In business you need people to make a decision. It might be the right decision or it might be the wrong decision but you have to respect the person/s that have the courage to make that decision.

Courage? Respect?

Thank goodness there was scrutiny of the following scenarios;
1 The Blatter/Platini fiasco in FIFA
2 The Lance Armstrong saga within Sky
3 The Macclesfield fiasco.

That is just sport. Are you seriously suggesting that we should respect the people in these organisations because they had the courage to make some decisions?