Re: Agent's Fees

An ordered list copied from the Macclesfield forum.

Bradford City £114,010
Salford City £111,619
Scunthorpe United £107,345
Plymouth Argyle £81,537
Mansfield Town £74,505
Northampton Town £66,734
Grimsby Town £62,226
Exeter City £60,840
Leyton Orient £53,928
Forest Green Rovers £52,550
Colchester United £52,014
Newport County £51,740
Walsall £47,122
Carlisle United £41,106
Port Vale £40,545
Cambridge United £37,980
Stevenage £33,355
Swindon Town £28,818
Cheltenham Town £26,133
Morecambe £18,718
Crewe Alexandra £3,000
Oldham Athletic £2,570
Crawley Town £1,000
MACCLESFIELD TOWN £825

In my view a pointless list.

Team A pay the agent £1,000. The player out of his salary of 50,000 pays the agent £9,000.

Team B pays the Agent £10,000. The player pays nothing out of his salary of £41,000.

So team A and team B both pay £51,000 for the services of a player. In both cases the player takes home £41,000. In both cases the agent trousers £10,000.

And the only thing that's different is?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:In my view a pointless list.

Team A pay the agent £1,000. The player out of his salary of 50,000 pays the agent £9,000.

Team B pays the Agent £10,000. The player pays nothing out of his salary of £41,000.

So team A and team B both pay £51,000 for the services of a player. In both cases the player takes home £41,000. In both cases the agent trousers £10,000.

A genuine question as I am not sure but what benefit is there to the player to pay the agent £9k out of his £50k. It's hassle plus would result in player paying more tax on his £50k salary compared to £41k wouldn't it ? Would be a couple of grand down.

£51K for mainly total crap.
And the club need £40k for a kit sponsor.
Maybe an idea to look at what Crewe, Cheltenham and Swindon paid out and what quality sides they were last season.
Well done the board and management.
Can we keep our agreement for another year with whats their name again. :lol:

faerun exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:In my view a pointless list.

A genuine question as I am not sure but what benefit is there to the player to pay the agent £9k out of his £50k. It's hassle plus would result in player paying more tax on his £50k salary compared to £41k wouldn't it ? Would be a couple of grand down.
People who are self employed and whose earnings fluctuate learn very quickly that you need to control you're expenses claims. In my first year at the bar I earned so little that I didn't pay tax. Second year I earned so much I was paying at the higher rate. Could I claim for the year I earned virtually nothing from the revenue? No. Should I have deferred claiming for my expenses until the second year? Yes. Did I do that? No. Did I make that mistake again? No.

excessbee wrote:And, of course, with a quality signing comes a hefty salary for the player. You can't judge performance on agents' fees alone, however if you did, it could be argued that we are mid-table on both counts.
Quite seriously?

How many of the County squad which given the choice, would you have retained?

And the follow up. How many of these players signed for or in 2019/20?

This £51K payments masks the 'agreement' we have had with Elite, if we paid lower fees to them as a result of signings multiple players registered with them then financially this sounds OK, but obviously not all of their clients have been a success at County. Without any evidence to back this up, I wonder if there has been any sort of 'kick back' with our club or officials getting paid to sign up x number of their clients?

But even £51K equates to the wages of one decent Lge2 player so while I understand how agents can be useful to players, the bigger picture is they're just taking money out of the game and into agency bank accounts.

excessbee wrote:And, of course, with a quality signing comes a hefty salary for the player. You can't judge performance on agents' fees alone, however if you did, it could be argued that we are mid-table on both counts.
So which quality players did we sign with hefty salaries last season.
I would love to see a breakdown of fees for each dud we took off other clubs hands last year but is such a list available?

George Street-Bridge wrote:I agree we made some poor signings last season - most clubs do - but the figures become more meaningful if you know how many deals each sum covers.

Crewe have an amazing record for bringing through youth players which might keep their bill down.
Spot on about Crewe and the totally opposite to our attitude to Youth.
Start to break through and get rid asap after.
Nuts.
Anyway plenty of Poleons out there to snap up.
Clueless
Foulston and Jefferies may not be stars but far better bets than some duffers we have signed and costing less than half the salaries maybe?

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
So which quality players did we sign with hefty salaries last season.
I would love to see a breakdown of fees for each dud we took off other clubs hands last year but is such a list available?
You've missed my point, which was not about our signings but maybe, for example, Swindon. If the players they signed through agents came with a wage demand above our scope, then the total layout (for Swindon) would be more. This might conceivably affect team performance.

NC player/intermediary (payments 1/2/2019 to 31/1/2020)

Robbie James Willmott/Elite Management
Joss Christopher Labadie/Elite Management
Tristan Michael Alexander Abrahams/Elite Management
Corey Milton Whitely/Elite Management
Lazar Stojsavljevic/Elite Management
Padraig Amond/Elite Management

Joshua Luke Sheehan/Stellar Football Limited
Ryan Matthew Haynes/Stellar Football Limited

Michael Demetriou/Full Contact

Daniel William Leadbitter/Tamas Byrne

Kyle Elliot Howkins/Unique Sports Management

Thomas Lloyd King/David Bromley

Mark Leo O'Brien/Jonathan Douglas

Dominic Alfred Poleon/Lee Matthews

Ashley Thomas Baker/OmniSports Ltd

It's going back a few years but Dario "all round to mine for a bit of telly" Gradi used to say that Crewe needed a million per annum in incoming transfers to make their academy viable. I wonder how the sums stack up nowadays.