Re: The Retained and Released list is out

whoareya wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
whoareya wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
johnny1972 wrote:Is talent has taken him to Salisbury God knows what you saw I’m him but I saw nothing. If you’re good enough you make it if not you end up In the lower leagues so try and beat the club with another stick.
Did you ever watch him?
If so which games.
Lets start with the Mickey Mouse cup against West Hams youngsters who are all driving around in Baby Bentleys.
Dom was MOM by a mile played superb in midfield, outshone our regulars and yes I know we threw that game away but that was not his doing.
Seen him 5 times and never let us down.
Blimery if Flynny can get rid of these kids in their teens we have no hopes for the Academy.
Pathetic
By the way its not beating the club with a stick.
Get real sunshine off that cloud eh?
So, as the the poster says, why has he ended up at Salisbury, why hasn't he gone to another L2 club, or above?

You make no attempt to explain why this has happened, other than to beat the club with a stick, then say you're not beating the club with a stick.

Loon.
Again how many games did you watch him play.
If I knew why Flynny has no interest in bringing the youngsters on I would tell you.
Loon you say.
Called you worse and meant it pal.
Again just stick to cracking sick jokes pal.
Cannot have any tidy dialogue with you.
Pathetic.
Go and stir the gravy Derek, before it gets all lumpy like you.
I suppose every forum has the odd obnoxious character.
Congratulations.
ps who is Derek. :roll:

Again the question was
How many games did you see him play?
Sorry I forgot you actually do not watch the boys do you. :lol:

Keyboard warrior. :roll:

It would be fab if the academy did produce the odd stand out player but in reality there are thousands that will never make the grade.a handful of appearances in front of supporters is nothing compared to the time spent with and with the management and coaches I’m more inclined to not judge on how many came close but never made but how many left the club to then resurface later and make the club regret their decision

phil crump wrote:It would be fab if the academy did produce the odd stand out player but in reality there are thousands that will never make the grade.a handful of appearances in front of supporters is nothing compared to the time spent with and with the management and coaches I’m more inclined to not judge on how many came close but never made but how many left the club to then resurface later and make the club regret their decision
Nail on the head.
"t would be fab if the academy did produce the odd stand out player"
How long has Flynny been in charge?
How long do you wait for one.
Simple question.
Not interested easier getting crap journeymen on double the salary and making no influence on the game or future for us.
Totally amazed how so many contributors think this is acceptable.
Like I said the Academy is run purely to raise funds not to find future talent.
Would not even want stand out but at least better than the crap we have signed or got on loan over the last 2 seasons.
Remember Cooper, Maloney and so on.
The kids are just as good if not better.
Blimey he was picking Poleon rather than young Collins.

Again how many times have you seen him.
We always got the likes of Poleon, Azeez (championship level) etc etc
You are spot on though in nobody for years has come through.
Simple answer.
the Academy is not up to bringing talent through.
Its just a money maker for kids and dads to live a dream and part with some cash..
I was at all the Leasing Trophy home games & watched the Maldon cup tie on TV, plus 6 Academy games at Lliswerry so I seen plenty of Dom. Like I say, I hope he has a great career at a higher level & proves Flynny wrong.
But he's going to be playing three levels below us & if he was good enough now he'd be playing at a higher level. That's no having a go at him - just being realistic.
There isn't a single Academy player released since we got back into the league who is playing league football. Takes time though, we've only had full-time scholars since we got back in the league, we're only Cat3 & we're competing with clubs who've had full-time academies for decades.

I would say Jeffries would make a decent squad player at the very least.he had more about him than Cooper and Maloney,now he may not have ended up a star player moving up the leagues for a fee but,he deserved the chance.Foulston went on trial at Norwich a year or more ago so,he too has potential which is being ignored.Rather than have Jay in the squad we had Marvel and Lazar on two year contracts.Byron fell out with Flynny over his lack of interest of the academy so it does seem that Flynny only interested in youngsters from elsewhere.Before anyone mentions Poole,Evans and Collins,they all came to the academy after being rejected by higher league clubs so their standing was already higher than the rest so technically,they didn’t come through our academy.

Jonesy3 wrote:
Simple answer.
Its just a money maker for kids and dads to live a dream and part with some cash..
I was at all the Leasing Trophy home games & watched the Maldon cup tie on TV, plus 6 Academy games at Lliswerry so I seen plenty of Dom. Like I say, I hope he has a great career at a higher level & proves Flynny wrong.
But he's going to be playing three levels below us & if he was good enough now he'd be playing at a higher level. That's no having a go at him - just being realistic.
There isn't a single Academy player released since we got back into the league who is playing league football. Takes time though, we've only had full-time scholars since we got back in the league, we're only Cat3 & we're competing with clubs who've had full-time academies for decades.
Your last paragraph sums it up.
Not a single player since we got into the league has made it.
Appreciate things take time but how many more years until you realise something is drastically wrong.
Owls said on here that we are at a high level these days Academy wise but I think its just to get cash off the mums and Dads not to bring players into the side.
He's only a lad so its a bit rich stating good enough by now also.
Never given a decent chance, same with Collins.
its just nuts that we persevere with utter dross journey men.

Worth reading everything I said about Dom rather than just the bit that suited your argument.
Anyway, if salary cap etc comes in from next season things will change as clubs will have to include a certain number of players who've come through the Academy in first team squads.
As to our Academy being at a high level, it isn't yet but it's getting there. Only been Cat3 for a year. Damian is doing a good job with the lads.
Yes, players below scholar level are funded by parents - that's the same at every Academy. If they get scholarships, then they're paid full-time via the EFL. Again, same as all academies at our level.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Jonesy3 wrote:
Simple answer.
Appreciate things take time but how many more years until you realise something is drastically wrong.
Owls said on here that we are at a high level these days Academy wise but I think its just to get cash off the mums and Dads not to bring players into the side.
Aaron Collins has had a decent career so far I'd say? Had it not been for Flynny, he wouldn't have been given his chance, and the club would've missed on on a decent chunk of money.

Having an academy doesn't guarantee players coming through to the first team. The talent has to be there first and foremost. How many players we've released have ended up proving us wrong? We've also lost a couple of talented players to clubs further up the divisions and have heard nothing since. Would they have had a better chance of breaking through here?

How many clubs at our level produce players from their academy? Most of the best talents end up being signed by bigger clubs for pennies before they've even got close to the first team.

Percy plunkett wrote:I would say Jeffries would make a decent squad player at the very least.he had more about him than Cooper and Maloney,now he may not have ended up a star player moving up the leagues for a fee but,he deserved the chance.Foulston went on trial at Norwich a year or more ago so,he too has potential which is being ignored.Rather than have Jay in the squad we had Marvel and Lazar on two year contracts.Byron fell out with Flynny over his lack of interest of the academy so it does seem that Flynny only interested in youngsters from elsewhere.Before anyone mentions Poole,Evans and Collins,they all came to the academy after being rejected by higher league clubs so their standing was already higher than the rest so technically,they didn’t come through our academy.
I think it was Flynn that encouraged Edinburgh to blood Poole and Evans , Flynn that brought Aaron Collins back from MacDonald’s so I guess if you are good enough the manager will be interested.

Whatever happened to that young kid that a Westley blooded in a big cup game , I think Plymouth.

Collins was saved by Flynny but,that was when he was working with the academy,his job was to bring players through.When he was number 3 to Sheridan he was singing the praises of the academy saying he wanted close links between the kids and the first team.Since he became number 1,he has sung a different tune,journeymen first and academy never.He said then that academy players could even get a place on the bench for midweek games to give them experience,now he names only five subs sometimes rather than call up academy players,what changed his mind.

DT1892 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Jonesy3 wrote:
Simple answer.
Aaron Collins has had a decent career so far I'd say? Had it not been for Flynny, he wouldn't have been given his chance, and the club would've missed on on a decent chunk of money.

Having an academy doesn't guarantee players coming through to the first team. The talent has to be there first and foremost. How many players we've released have ended up proving us wrong? We've also lost a couple of talented players to clubs further up the divisions and have heard nothing since. Would they have had a better chance of breaking through here?

How many clubs at our level produce players from their academy? Most of the best talents end up being signed by bigger clubs for pennies before they've even got close to the first team.
Not on about Aaron but his younger brother

That lad against Plymouth was Finlay Wood who had a scholarship in the US.He is currently with SAN Jose State according to wiki,don’t know how good or otherwise that level is.I do remember attending an open meeting where Flynny was telling us how good Wesley was and Wood was seen training with the academy.He put himself about which impressed Wesley and Flynny and as a result got promoted to the first team squad.

Percy plunkett wrote:Collins was saved by Flynny but,that was when he was working with the academy,his job was to bring players through.When he was number 3 to Sheridan he was singing the praises of the academy saying he wanted close links between the kids and the first team.Since he became number 1,he has sung a different tune,journeymen first and academy never.He said then that academy players could even get a place on the bench for midweek games to give them experience,now he names only five subs sometimes rather than call up academy players,what changed his mind.
Percy its so frustrating.
We are banging our heads against concrete here.
Just listen to what Percy is stating as its 100% fact.
Its total crap this idea that players should bounce back if they are good enough and get dumped.
Its for the club to bring them on.
Apart from his MOM performance against West Ham Kids he was really outstanding against MK Dons so much that we were comfortably stuffing them as a last ditch effort they brought Healey on to rough him up.
First thing he did was a dig in Doms ribs the lad just looked at him, by the end of the match Healey looked like an idiot messing everything up. we were all laughing our heads off and Dom had him totally wound up.
But there you go lets get, whenever the season starts another bunch of journeymen and loanees from same level as us and pay double.
Wonderful.