Play off final

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Triangle

With the Panthers

Play off final

Postby Triangle » June 29th, 2020, 7:55 pm

Mark O Brien got a mention in the play off final... related to a red card, but still great to hear Newport County and him mentioned.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Play off final

Postby Percy plunkett » June 29th, 2020, 7:58 pm

Northampton two up at half time and now Moxey sent off.Looks like three Wembley defeats in four years for the Grecians.Phil’s mum,wife and daughter will be ecstatic I would think.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Play off final

Postby pembsexile » June 29th, 2020, 8:23 pm

4-0 to Northampton now. 89th minute.
User

phil_in_npton

Postby phil_in_npton » June 29th, 2020, 8:31 pm

Good Evening!

4-0 !!!!!!! I never bet on Northampton to win 4-0 !

I’m at Mums watching and she is delighted.. daughter is a County fan ( and Man Utd) Wife is a County follower sometimes.

Pleased for a lot of folk I know who are Cobblers fans, but gutted to lose my local game!

Well done Cobblers!

Phil in Northampton
no avatar
User

Triangle

With the Panthers

Postby Triangle » June 29th, 2020, 8:32 pm

Phil, Phil, the 4-0 came in, did I'd you get this one?
User

phil_in_npton

Postby phil_in_npton » June 29th, 2020, 9:18 pm

Triangle wrote:Phil, Phil, the 4-0 came in, did I'd you get this one?

Nope...
User

Mr Figo

Postby Mr Figo » June 29th, 2020, 9:21 pm

Exeter must have the worst "play-off" psyche after that! I bet the fans are broken having to endure the last couple of years..
User

JonD

Corridor of Uncertainty

Postby JonD » June 29th, 2020, 9:57 pm

I stumbled upon a tweet earlier that claimed of the 31 occasions a team who normally wear red and white stripes and black shorts have competed in a playoff final, all 31 ended in defeat. Uncanny.
no avatar
User

DeePeeNCAFC

Postby DeePeeNCAFC » June 29th, 2020, 11:03 pm

Only watched the highlights on Quest but that was a truly awful game of football. One side going 'Route One', the other lacking any ability. If that's the best that we can send up to Lge1 then standards really have dropped.

Pleased for you though Phil.
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » June 30th, 2020, 6:01 am

Better for us Exeter stay down
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » June 30th, 2020, 7:46 am

Only watched the second half and Exeter had plenty of possession early on but toothless, then a lunatic sending-off for a two-footed lunge did them in. They started giving the ball away in their own half regularly and in the end they were lucky it was only four.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » June 30th, 2020, 8:56 am

I listened to the second half on Radio Devon. As you'd expect, totally blinkered comments. They bleated on about the ref making a mistake with the sending off, something about the Northampton player catching Moxey with a stray arm moments before. I saw just the foul tackle on TV later. I was awful. Matt Taylor was fuming, about his player not the referee. The radio half time chat included Chris Todd, and another ex player (?) who made me laugh when he said "it's so bad even the cardboard cutouts are leaving early".
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » June 30th, 2020, 11:09 am

Taylor blanked Moxey completely as he left the pitch.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » June 30th, 2020, 8:42 pm

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Only watched the highlights on Quest but that was a truly awful game of football. One side going 'Route One', the other lacking any ability. If that's the best that we can send up to Lge1 then standards really have dropped.

They may have played route one but they do it well,they scored 4 goals.We play route one and sometimes don’t even have a shot on target.I think we all agree,it’s time to change the tactics.
no avatar
User

faerun exile

Postby faerun exile » June 30th, 2020, 8:56 pm

Percy plunkett wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Only watched the highlights on Quest but that was a truly awful game of football. One side going 'Route One', the other lacking any ability. If that's the best that we can send up to Lge1 then standards really have dropped.

They may have played route one but they do it well,they scored 4 goals.We play route one and sometimes don’t even have a shot on target.I think we all agree,it’s time to change the tactics.

I think our sh*t tip of a pitch will dictate how we play next season. Hope I am wrong but I fear the pitch deteriorating quicker than last season. It was fecked last December and with the replacement of the playing surface long overdue its gonna be more of the same. Will need to sign up a lanky fella to play up top.
Next