Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:From County Chat on FB, I’m just going to bullet point-

*We’ve got a substantial amount of money in the bank

*However, we’re expecting to lose around £750k in the next 5 months.

*Paddy Power verbally agreed to extend sponsorship deal but pulled out in May.

*What the club are doing now regarding the fans pledging money for sponsorship, as well as other shirt deals, will bring in more money than last year.

If (and given the person that posted it I have absolutely no reason to not believe him) all this is true, why the **** could it not have been brought to our attention by the Board in a statement !!??
I have absolutely no doubt that this approach would have gone down a lot better with fans and we wouldn’t be limping along with only 300 pledges.
Is this £750,000 broken down? I don't see how this figure is reached.

No but at a guess I’d say the rent we pay at Rodders, the portion of player/staff wages, no ticket revenue? Not sure whether that = £750k mind.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

*What the club are doing now regarding the fans pledging money for sponsorship, as well as other shirt deals, will bring in more money than last year.

If (and given the person that posted it I have absolutely no reason to not believe him) all this is true, why the **** could it not have been brought to our attention by the Board in a statement !!??
I have absolutely no doubt that this approach would have gone down a lot better with fans and we wouldn’t be limping along with only 300 pledges.

No but at a guess I’d say the rent we pay at Rodders, the portion of player/staff wages, no ticket revenue? Not sure whether that = £750k mind.
But before Christmas the revenue from at most 11 games is far less than £750,000 and no stewarding costs etc.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

But before Christmas the revenue from at most 11 games is far less than £750,000 and no stewarding costs etc.

Ain’t got a clue. This information was put on by an ex director who had ‘found out this information’

I think that this is just idle gossip and, personally, I don't believe any of the points made.

First time on here for ages.
Been reading through a few points and seem confused.

The BOD are painting this picture of us being ''up schmits creek without a paddle'' because of the pandemic , and the amount of money its costing us.

Can someone answer the questions confusing me ?

Every year we have no income from 'gate money' from May to July so dont we split the received income received from our games , sponsorship , etc over the twelve months to cover this period ? ( ok we were 4 games short - how much did these four games cost us ?)

Its July now , and we are still getting 80% of the staffs wages paid by the government . Something we wouldn't have in a usual season that finished in early May, this will still run upto October when we will still be in receipt of Furlough up to 60% ?

How much does losing 4 games cost us ?

How much would it have cost us to travel to the away games that we didnt have to play ? 5 games at £2000 /3000 each game ???? no idea how much it costs but hotels , coach hire would cost a few quid thats been saved

How much do we have in the bank form the Cup runs , Wembley appearances , etc have we got left to cover for a rainy day as I was led to believe we werent as bad off as many sides in our division and this money would help us through for a few months ?

How much did the club get from EFL loans and money from the Premier League ?
Have we paid any tax , National Insurance during the Pandemic as I was under the belief that you could hold off for a short period ?

As I say , I am not pointing fingers , blaming anyone . Just asking questions as to our finances and are they so bad ?

Willthiswork wrote:

I think that this is just idle gossip and, personally, I don't believe any of the points made.

Well, this has come from an ex director who’s actually behind the Board on what they’re doing so I would certainly listen to him over you.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:

Well, this has come from an ex director who’s actually behind the Board on what they’re doing so I would certainly listen to him over you.
I read that post on FB and the ex-director you have quoted hasn't said all that.

Willthiswork wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:

I read that post on FB and the ex-director you have quoted hasn't said all that.

Yes he did. In fact, to shut you up and so that people can make their own mind up, I will post exactly what he says that I have bullet pointed.

"ok a few things I've found out, we've a substantial amount of money in the bank (but are forecast to lose £750k in the next 5 months)
PP had agreed verbally to extend sponsorship but pulled out in early May …
The scheme the club are doing if it hits target along with other shirt deals they done will actually bring in more money than last year"

So, what part of the bullet points i put on is not what he said? … I await your apology
Last edited by Exile 1976 on June 30th, 2020, 3:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

neilcork68 wrote: Have we paid any tax , National Insurance during the Pandemic as I was under the belief that you could hold off for a short period ?
County have already undertaken a review of the club’s spending and identified a number of areas where they can make savings.

They have applied for financial support from government schemes and deferred PAYE/VAT payments.

excessbee wrote:I can't understand why someone 'behind the board' would post rumours on Facebook.

Probably because he wants the fans to have more info on what is happening so that more people will get behind the save our sponsor scheme rather than the rather pathetic 300 that we've currently got.
I can't understand why current Board members leak information to the public mind.

Willthiswork wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:

Yes he did. In fact, to shut you up and so that people can make their own mind up, I will post exactly what he says that I have bullet pointed.

"ok a few things I've found out, we've a substantial amount of money in the bank (but are forecast to lose £750k in the next 5 months)
PP had agreed verbally to extend sponsorship but pulled out in early May …
The scheme the club are doing if it hits target along with other shirt deals they done will actually bring in more money than last year"

So, what part of the bullet points i put on is not what he said? … I await your apology
Nicely edited. No apology until you actually show me the link because as I have said (and I may have missed it), what you have said is not what I have seen him put on the FB page.

Nope, have a look on there yourself. It's really not hard to find.
I'm not lying, got no reason to lie and you're just making yourself look a dick

On another thread he states:

we had a healthy bank account a few months ago

us and other clubs are going to lose £700k in the next 5 months

I'd be surprised that if PP agreed(?) a new deal and then pulled out. If verbal agreement was given then the club should pursue it as it may count as a 'contract'.