Re: Play off final

faerun exile wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Only watched the highlights on Quest but that was a truly awful game of football. One side going 'Route One', the other lacking any ability. If that's the best that we can send up to Lge1 then standards really have dropped.

Pleased for you though Phil.
They may have played route one but they do it well,they scored 4 goals.We play route one and sometimes don’t even have a shot on target.I think we all agree,it’s time to change the tactics.
I think our sh*t tip of a pitch will dictate how we play next season. Hope I am wrong but I fear the pitch deteriorating quicker than last season. It was fecked last December and with the replacement of the playing surface long overdue its gonna be more of the same. Will need to sign up a lanky fella to play up top.
We had a lanky fella up top this season,it was no good coz we just lumped it in his general direction with no one within 30 yards of him.It didn’t work and won’t work because there is no plan or reasoning to it.

Percy plunkett wrote:
faerun exile wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Only watched the highlights on Quest but that was a truly awful game of football. One side going 'Route One', the other lacking any ability. If that's the best that we can send up to Lge1 then standards really have dropped.

They may have played route one but they do it well,they scored 4 goals.We play route one and sometimes don’t even have a shot on target.I think we all agree,it’s time to change the tactics.
I think our sh*t tip of a pitch will dictate how we play next season. Hope I am wrong but I fear the pitch deteriorating quicker than last season. It was fecked last December and with the replacement of the playing surface long overdue its gonna be more of the same. Will need to sign up a lanky fella to play up top.
We had a lanky fella up top this season,it was no good coz we just lumped it in his general direction with no one within 30 yards of him.It didn’t work and won’t work because there is no plan or reasoning to it.
Ditto
By the way pitch looks good and will be for the first few games albeit if we start later and Rugby join in it will certainly depend on the weather then.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
faerun exile wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:

Ditto
By the way pitch looks good and will be for the first few games albeit if we start later and Rugby join in it will certainly depend on the weather then.
It’s scrums that seem to do most damage, a feature of the game that surely must be reassessed whilst covid19 remains prevalent. Chicken scratch perhaps?

[/quote]
We had a lanky fella up top this season,it was no good coz we just lumped it in his general direction with no one within 30 yards of him.It didn’t work and won’t work because there is no plan or reasoning to it.[/quote]

100% agree with this. Lanky forward strategy will only work if we can pepper the penalty area with regular, quality crosses and only then if Podge or Sheehan are instructed to stay within 5 yards of our Number 9 (for knock-downs).

George Street-Bridge wrote:Could well be the rugby restarts before us, the Pro 14 is talking about August.
To be accurate the plan is to conclude last season and start the new season on September 27.

And it makes sense. The games will be broadcast on terrestrial television. Finals and Semi's of the Cups. Advertising will make it financially viable. As I said long ago the Premier League and probably the Championship can be played to a conclusion on TV revenue. Leagues 1&2 can't.

Starting again be it in October or before that at our level is a recipe for disaster.

By the way Wimbledon, the tennis that is, are laughing. They decided a few years back that insuring against being cancelled by a pandemic was a good idea. Whilst I certainly don't blame the club for not taking that precaution, the Lawn Tennis Association, clearly show that Covid19 was not unforeseeable. The FA and EFL perhaps might be a little accountable for the omission. £1,000,000 per annum from the EFL and FA and all clubs could have been covered.

County-at-the-races wrote:
phil_in_npton wrote: 4-0 !!!!!!! I never bet on Northampton to win 4-0 !
I did :cheers:
£10 on a Northampton win and a wild £2 on a 4-0 at 50:1
Good Evening!

Well done! An inspired bet! I did kick myself for not doing it, I’m pleased somebody did!

Phil in Northampton

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
We had a lanky fella up top this season,it was no good coz we just lumped it in his general direction with no one within 30 yards of him.It didn’t work and won’t work because there is no plan or reasoning to it.[/quote]

100% agree with this. Lanky forward strategy will only work if we can pepper the penalty area with regular, quality crosses and only then if Podge or Sheehan are instructed to stay within 5 yards of our Number 9 (for knock-downs).[/quote]
It’s common sense to do that but,we didn’t.Relo had some success at the end of his playing days at FGR.He would get close to Doughty for knock downs or the ball coming off the defender and ended up scoring a few himself or creating assists.Now,if a slow John Relish had success doing that then imagine a quick Josh Sheehan doing the same.